And we lose yet another...

this is a very sad day for all of the southwind family, but as in the past when southwind re-evaluated itself, it returned more powerful. I know that Mike and all of the other staff members know what is best for Southwind.

This summer, the ghost of southwind will still be on the field. Please support southwind by attending Drums Across the Bluegrass this summer.

thank you Mike and Adrien Loeffelholz, for all you have done for this great corps.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Move this corps to Dallas/Fort Worth and your talent will come, trust me you will be a powerhouse(I WISH IT WAS THAT SIMPLE THOUGH) LOL

News flash. The corps wasn't any better off while under the umbrela of the MDBCA. MDBCA tried to fold SW after the 2003 season for reasons that had nothing to do with Southwind. I know. I was there. The corps was much better off as a stand alone group.

Southwind is one of the best run, most high class groups that I have ever been apart of. There comes a point though, where too many odds are stacked against you. This year may be the best thing for SW. It has certainly worked before.

My heart beats with SW. I bleed black and yellow. The summer won't be the same without the Yellow Team.

I don't recall MDBCA trying to fold SW. It was always part of the plan to have them get on their feet and become independent, if I recall correctly.

Shocker, I thought they were on their way up

I did enjoy their program last year

Is it really better to go inactive?

Why not drop to open class and do some local things while rebuilding?

Best of luck, hope to see you out on the field again very soon

:( Hurry back in 2009 Southwind!

Move this corps to Dallas/Fort Worth and your talent will come, trust me you will be a powerhouse(I WISH IT WAS THAT SIMPLE THOUGH) LOL

1. Attracting talent is not the issue.

2. There's plenty of talent in Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and probably Tennessee too.

3. Has Texas ever supported a world class DCI corps over the long term? Ever??

This is sad.

I have fond memories of Southwind as we competed against them for "Class B" titles back in the early 90's.

I think we need to accept that there may be more casualties down the road. Economic times are very hard on all drum corps in today's enviroment. Gas prices aren't going to be any less expensive in the future, food costs continue to rise, and there are so many other facets of the drum corps that are affected financially.

Here is for a quick return of Capital Regiment and Southwind! :)

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

Well... it's sad... but hopefully they're being cautious and taking a year off before it gets REALLY bad or before any trouble with the IRS. Good luck to Southwind in getting their ducks in a row!