How did Troop come back so strong?

Though I dont think they were swimming in cash, I was under the impression that the Troopers were taking a year off to reorganize administrative and to fix some things with the IRS.

My first time of seeing the Troopers was in 1995....I think they folded their cadet corps that season...but I was still in awe of their performance....I think they werent that far from making finals that year.

From an outsiders perspective, I would say the Troopers came back strong because a lot of people who cared did A LOT of work 1) Getting their house in order and 2) Fixing the recruiting problem.

If you look at it...the Troopers story isnt that much different than the Blue Stars.

After having a lot of money problems one season (just a few year ago), the people in charged who cared stepped up and really kicked things into gear, making the Blue Stars the "fastest growing corps in America".

All it takes is knowledgeable people who care...and A LOT OF HARD WORK

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key for the Troopers will be if they have the resources to sustain things. Look at all th support that ran to Magic the first time they folded the tents. It was not sustained and Magic, sadly, left again. Most likely never to return.

So, how exactly is this situation different? I'm really interested to know.

Is their an organized alumni and fan database with annual donors to any degree?

Is their the beginnings of an endowment to sustain the corps?

Are the necessary sources of continual income in place to successfully budget and grow year to year?

I'm interested as well. The tough road to me, seems to occur after the first year back.

AFAIK, there has always been an endowment to help the corps. I don't know if was tapped to help during the late 90s/early 00s, but it's there. Last year was a big wakeup to the Alumni, and I think that we're extremely energized. I know that I signed for the Alumni Assoc. for the first time in years this summer, and then there's the story of the forums helping sponsor a mid-season rookie.

One of the biggest changes was the corps repairing its connection with the city of Casper. The corps was able to raise in the six figures at its premiere party in June, and if they can keep a positive relationship with the city and state then I think the support will only grow.

As for the upcoming year, we'll see how things go. I'd hope that continuing operations is easier than starting fresh after an inactivity. I'm hoping that we'll hear more details soon.

And then in the 100's the following week!! :huh:

Sunburn like I never had before or since - thank goodness!!

Now now, let's not give the wrong impression! The humidity is low, so it only feels like 92. :P

Actually, I remember it being a lot less hot in Casper, overall. And the nights... beeeee-yootiful!

As for the upcoming year, we'll see how things go. I'd hope that continuing operations is easier than starting fresh after an inactivity. I'm hoping that we'll hear more details soon.

I know of the announcement you speak of and it will make a lot of fans of the corps very happy!!

They are going to have some really nice additions to the team this next year.

I know of the announcement you speak of and it will make a lot of fans of the corps very happy!!

They are going to have some really nice additions to the team this next year.

You are EVIL! GRRR! Someone call Fred and Jim and tell them to give up the info already!

Scott Atchison is a very driven individual, and i know because he wrote some of my HS marching bands drill and did most of our visual stuff in 06. He is a great teacher and will no doubt do great things for the troop. He is the reason the troop recruited in Tennessee, right out of my high school, and that brought in some members who would have normally not marched a drum corps.

You are EVIL! GRRR! Someone call Fred and Jim and tell them to give up the info already!

Sorry....I wish they would go ahead and make the announcement too so I dont keep thinking it is just a rumor.