Ron, that's spelled and pronounced "Soufillie". :smile: OR, if you used the correct panache, "Soufilelfia". :huh:

I stand corrected: the "D" in Philadelphia is always silent.

To regress, there's also no pigs feet souse, headcheese, TastyKakes, Herrs chips, or Shoo-fly pie to be found anywhere in the deep south. There is great bar-b-que, rock shrimp & grupper though.

Edited by Oldbuc

Totally off topic, but I was remindeg by all of the Philly talk.........There's a new all age corps starting up called " Sounds of Philadelphia" and I wish them all the luckin the world. I just find it a little ironic that they are holding rehersals not in Philly, but 35 miles away in Lansdale, PA. Logically, shouldn't they be called "Sounds of Lansdale"? Just a thought. :smile:

Yes, Steve.

And one last thing before I hit the pillow....

Who works with the

East Brooklyn Soul Tigers Drum Line??

Good night all!!

Could it be Bobby Craig? He & I were in Viet Nam together way back when & he taught this horn player many Sac drum parts.

I stand corrected: the "D" in Philadelphia is always silent.

To regress, there's also no pigs feet souse, headcheese, TastyKakes, Herrs chips, or Shoo-fly pie to be found anywhere in the deep south. There is great bar-b-que, rock shrimp & grupper though.

ahhh my friend we have pigs feet and headcheese here. we have finally become civilizied. i some times use pigs feet in my spagetti sauce. great stuff. they are very old recipes from sicily. my grandparents . now mind you i have a heart condition so i don't use them much anymore.

You and your wife are welcome here any time.... just give a lil warning.... then we can clean out the spareroom.

Trust me, I just asked Ron for his permission and he said hell yeah!!

Wow! that's very kind and generous of you both - and downright neighborly. I will plant that invitation firmly in the back of my mind should we ever both have a week off that doesn't include a drum corps committment somewhere.

I'll probably retire in the summer of 2010. Then there will be plenty of time for such adventures.

Thanks again :smile:

Totally off topic, but I was remindeg by all of the Philly talk.........There's a new all age corps starting up called " Sounds of Philadelphia" and I wish them all the luckin the world. I just find it a little ironic that they are holding rehersals not in Philly, but 35 miles away in Lansdale, PA. Logically, shouldn't they be called "Sounds of Lansdale"? Just a thought. :smile:

Is it the New York Giants?

Wow! that's very kind and generous of you both - and downright neighborly. I will plant that invitation firmly in the back of my mind should we ever both have a week off that doesn't include a drum corps committment somewhere.

I'll probably retire in the summer of 2010. Then there will be plenty of time for such adventures.

Thanks again :smile:

Oh, c'mon... don't act like it's such a big surprise, you "know" we both love ya!!!