If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

For a little more insight on the workings of this thread check out pg. 790 post #7894.

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Guess Who # 299 ?

That's none other than Don Meredith. The dandy donda-rue from Monday Night Football fame. I remember when he, Howard Cossell and Frank Gifford would cut it up during the NFL games. Funny thing, I never knew he was in drum corps. But hey, you never know.

You never know....I think you do....

I think you can use the D and the M initials to show what this gentleman did in drum corps....He was just a little taller than you Ed....

oh now thats a good clue ( i know but i'll hush)

let's just say he was a first federal kind of guy

(sigh)

Again with you, Mike? Really?

1. I don't recall anyone appointing you Hall Monitor. (A hypocritical one at that) Sheesh

2. The thread is called Guess Who. They took a guess based on the clues given (3 pages)... then they thought to google.

Not too hard to do... with all the clues given. Including his name ... Davis was a given, which meant his first name started with D-a, per your clue.

3. This is supposed to be a funloving thread. You aren't making that possible. Not when you try to take people to task (wrongly, I might add), and your snide remarks and your insinuations.... etc..

Perhaps, it's you that doesn't understand what this thread is all about. Or do you just enjoy being a playground brat? (rhetorical)

At any rate....

If you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all.

4. If you don't like the way this thread progresses.... feel free to start your own thread.

I can't believe that I have to deal with petty garbage like this in this Forum and especially this thread, of all places. It's really quite sad.

1) Give it a break Nanc.

2) You can take the broom out of your butt anytime you want.

3) Your behavior as the supposed "Queen" is really becoming farsical.

4) Have a nice Drum Corps season in spite of yourself.

5) I have absolutely no need to defend myself for anything I've posted on this thread.

6) TA-TA.

1) Give it a break Nanc.

2) You can take the broom out of your butt anytime you want.

3) Your behavior as the supposed "Queen" is really becoming farsical.

4) Have a nice Drum Corps season in spite of yourself.

5) I have absolutely no need to defend myself for anything I've posted on this thread.

6) TA-TA.

Someone needs to give me a point of order. Is it proper to use the words "Queen", "farsical", "broom", "butt", and the phrase "TA-TA" in the same post. In reviewing the International Cocktail Rules, with Alexandria Bay Extensions, it clearly states that ...Rule 58, section III- One must always avoid references to inserting things in one's body, regardless of the oriface with the exception of Rule #5. Rule #5 says that "you cannot point(as in making a gesture) with anything you can put in your nose".

This commercial message was brought to you by Scheaffer's. Remember Scheaffer's is the one beer to have when you're having more than one.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

In reviewing the International Cocktail Rules, with Alexandria Bay Extensions, it clearly states that ...Rule 58, section III- One must always avoid references to inserting things in one's body, regardless of the oriface with the exception of Rule #5. Rule #5 says that "you cannot point(as in making a gesture) with anything you can put in your nose".

Actually the reference is to REMOVING things from one's body. :tongue:

This commercial message was brought to you by Scheaffer's. Remember Scheaffer's is the one beer to have when you're having more than one.

I believe the correct spelling is SchAEffer. :tongue:

Late ‘60s. Kutztown, PA. A big day on the (then) Kutztown State College campus, President Nixon was stopping on his way from Allentown to Reading to make a campaign appearance.

The college pep band, the Heidelberg Philharmonic (I didn’t go to KSC, but I played a few gigs with the Philharmonic when they needed a drummer) greeted the motorcade with the Schaffer theme song. The then governor of PA was Raymond Schaeffer. Both Nixon and Schaeffer appeared to have a laugh. The college president, Dr. Italo deFrancesco, a really nice guy, did not know whether to take a dump or go blind.

... and in later years, when beer companies became more "socially" adept, they changed the words to "Schaeffer is the one beer to have, when you're out to have some fun" ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

... and in later years, when beer companies became more "socially" adept, they changed the words to "Schaeffer is the one beer to have, when you're out to have some fun" ...

:-)

It actually took 2 or 3 of those Schaeffers, before you could "enjoy" it. :thumbup: