yup we got lot's of those down here..............enjoy :thumbs-up:

Oh, I know they are here. I know they are great to even have on your property, they eat rodents and bugs and all sorts of things you don't want around. But, I was expecting Ringo to be playing with another gecko... Surprise!

NOT a gecko... now he's bringing in snakes. I didn't really pay attention to what was in his mouth as he came around the corner... he's mostly black... I saw him for a second as I was going from one room to the next. A minute later... he's making a big commotion on the other side of this wicker chest (that we keep towels for the pool in)... (Ringo is part Siamese... so, he's always vocal)....

So, I come out to see and perhaps rescue the latest gecko - poor things... they'll never learn. And I see him eyeing his pray right near my laptop and speaker cords... I get a little closer and Ringo pounces and a really fat power cord stands up and snipes back at the cat! OK, at that point... I lost it for a second. That's a snake! I don't know if it's poisonous or not. Ringo won't come to me. I'm worried about the cat! He has no fear! He's obviously our hunter / protector! I snagged him up put him inside and closed the slider. I tried to sneak back out through the slider to grab my camera and cigs... and he bolts past my ankle and attacks the snake again...Ugh! I grabbed him up again and took him in the house and called animal control. A chick from Brooklyn came out and took him away! She assured me that it was in fact a Black Racer and not poisonous. That's what I was hoping.... I just hadn't seen one that long before. So, I was playing the cautious card. She warned me about Coral snakes and what they look like... good things to know. I thanked her. She expressed how she has been living down here for a number of years now and still hasn't lost her accent... I said, "What accent?" We laughed!!

Oh, did I mention that we have a family of frogs living inside a lamplight fixture out in the screened in pool / patio area? I have no idea how they got they got up in there nor how they survive up in there... only thing I can think of is... they have suction cup feet. Ron keeps threatening to turn on the light..... cause he has a hankering for *something that tastes like chicken*!

Oh, I can see it now.... this thread... is going to make for a very long weekend, huh?

Oh, sure... youse guys finally sell our tickets and Ringo (our Tuxedo cat), caught this :

Catch of the Day # 1

Catch of the Day # 2

and brought it into the Florida room for me. It was a 3 and a half - 4 foot long Black Racer. First it was just geckos... now he's graduated up to snakes. Oh, goody!

What next? A gator?

he's just showing his love

Oh, sure... youse guys finally sell our tickets and Ringo (our Tuxedo cat), caught this :

Catch of the Day # 1

Catch of the Day # 2

and brought it into the Florida room for me. It was a 3 and a half - 4 foot long Black Racer. First it was just geckos... now he's graduated up to snakes. Oh, goody!

What next? A gator?

I would have been on the phone with the moving company about heading back north. Don't get me wrong, we have snakes where I live, black bears too. They just don't come in the house.

How about in front of the Clarion before the Mini contest Friday night? Noon Sunday at the Alumni show? Sunday before finals?

What say you members of Whodom.

I'll get there too late Friday night but after the Alumni show suits!

Sounds good to me. Okay Ed R. what say you? And everyone else? Sounds good or what? We can spread the word Friday night at I&E and Saturday during Prelims.

I'm in for the Jolesch caper!

Edited by donbucs

Oh, I know they are here. I know they are great to even have on your property, they eat rodents and bugs and all sorts of things you don't want around. But, I was expecting Ringo to be playing with another gecko... Surprise!

NOT a gecko... now he's bringing in snakes. I didn't really pay attention to what was in his mouth as he came around the corner... he's mostly black... I saw him for a second as I was going from one room to the next. A minute later... he's making a big commotion on the other side of this wicker chest (that we keep towels for the pool in)... (Ringo is part Siamese... so, he's always vocal)....

So, I come out to see and perhaps rescue the latest gecko - poor things... they'll never learn. And I see him eyeing his pray right near my laptop and speaker cords... I get a little closer and Ringo pounces and a really fat power cord stands up and snipes back at the cat! OK, at that point... I lost it for a second. That's a snake! I don't know if it's poisonous or not. Ringo won't come to me. I'm worried about the cat! He has no fear! He's obviously our hunter / protector! I snagged him up put him inside and closed the slider. I tried to sneak back out through the slider to grab my camera and cigs... and he bolts past my ankle and attacks the snake again...Ugh! I grabbed him up again and took him in the house and called animal control. A chick from Brooklyn came out and took him away! She assured me that it was in fact a Black Racer and not poisonous. That's what I was hoping.... I just hadn't seen one that long before. So, I was playing the cautious card. She warned me about Coral snakes and what they look like... good things to know. I thanked her. She expressed how she has been living down here for a number of years now and still hasn't lost her accent... I said, "What accent?" We laughed!!

Oh, did I mention that we have a family of frogs living inside a lamplight fixture out in the screened in pool / patio area? I have no idea how they got they got up in there nor how they survive up in there... only thing I can think of is... they have suction cup feet. Ron keeps threatening to turn on the light..... cause he has a hankering for *something that tastes like chicken*!

Oh, I can see it now.... this thread... is going to make for a very long weekend, huh?

Here's a PSA - RE: Coral snakes.

Red on black - venom lack.

Red on yellow - kill a fellow.

Compliments of Uncle Sam when I was stationed at Fort Hood Texas.

so let's get a head count on who's not going to rochester. i'm not. i know nanci isn't. also tony. who else? i'll be glued to my computer this weekend following the action. :thumbs-up:

Put me in the "not" column ... I'll be doing fix-it-up stuff in my daughters new apt ... and no ... I won't have my GW badge on, so I guess I'll have to buy myself a drink at the new Yankees Steak House (where she bartends) later ...

Here's hoping for safe travels, and good weather in Rochester ... and remember ... what happens there will eventually wind up on DCP anyway ... so ... debauchary is definitely in!

Andy "RELEASE THE HOUNDS" Lisko

so let's get a head count on who's not going to rochester. i'm not. i know nanci isn't. also tony. who else? i'll be glued to my computer this weekend following the action. :thumbs-up:

No Rebels at DCA, no Robbie. So, I'm home.