If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Guess Who # 399? One at a time, top row Left to Right, then bottom row Left to Right.

Top row Left to Right

1. Frank Ponzo

2. Jim Maldonado

3. Ruben Ariola

Bottom row Left to Right

1. "Colonel" Joe Brancatti

2. ?????

The "Colonel" spells his last name with one "t" nanc. :satisfied:

Edited by PennsylvaniaDCHOF

and he was a soloist in the U.S. Air Force Drum and Bugle Corps for Master Sgt. Truman Crawford...

and he was a soloist in the U.S. Air Force Drum and Bugle Corps for Master Sgt. Truman Crawford...

He was the original G-C-D-G soloist for the New York Skyliners in 1963, the first year they played the "New York, New York" opening fanfare. AND the triple tounging (sp) solo in the exit (Little Ole New York) that same year. He performed with the original "Mighty St. Joe's" from Ironbound Newark, N.J. in his Junior Corps days and wore that uniform when he performed with the New York Skyliners in the 1963 "Dream" contest ai Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City. The uniforms were identical in style but different in colors. He's also Ponzo's mentor.

Edited by PennsylvaniaDCHOF

In the late 1970's, I was the drum instructor for a small corps, the "Blue Max" of Ridgewood, New York. The horn instructors were former Skyliners Ernie Fesler and this well-known gentleman.

One evening we both arrived simultaneously at a late-spring indoor show somewhere on Long Island, in our separate cars. As I approached him, I saw he was trying to juggle his horn case, a music stand, a music portfolio, etc. (He and Ernie were also performing with Bill's Boys in the same show.) I offered to help, and he handed me his horn case, whereupon he said something like, "I hope you realize what a great honor it is to carry that horn." Initially taken aback by his comment, the twinkle in his eye told me that his Irish humor was at work here. :biggrin:

Legendary performer, great horn instructor with many different corps, and a real gentleman. We met most recently at the Christmas show that his ROMEO Cadets did in the school in Chinatown.

From the WDCHOF...

He first played a horn with St. Brigid’s Fife, Drum and Bugle Corps, sponsored by the fire department in Ridgewood, Queens, in 1945. He became a member of Consolidated Edison Lamplighters for the 1951 season, then marched with St. Joseph’s Ironbound Cadets, of Newark, NJ through 1955. The New York Skyliners became his drum corps home in 1956. He is best remembered as an exciting soprano soloist with a super-articulated approach that became well-known throughout the drum corps world. His solos also helped create a unique identity for the United States Air Force Blue Eagles drum and bugle corps when he served from 1959 through 1963. He has also been affiliated with such well-known East Coast corps as St. Rita’s Brassmen, Ignatius All-Girls Drum and Bugle Corps, New Image and New Image II. He has also served as brass instructor for the exhibition and parade corps sponsored by the Desiderata and Nassau County police departments. He was inducted into the Buglers Hall of Fame on June 25, 2005 at the Champions on Parade in Bridgeport, CT.

Hey Glenn,

What was his name when he had dark hair?

That would be Mr. Tommy Martin. The "4" most glorious notes I ever heard at the tender age of 15, while staring at the starting line in Roosevelt Stadium in 1963. That fanfare about cracked the cement at the ol' ballpark. :thumbup: