The only possible reason that I was labeled "Queen" here, was because I started this thread.

I don't feel entitled....... how can you possibly feel entitled to hold the "King" title???

Huh? Huh? C'mon, fess up! Show me your papers!!LOL

i don't have papers. i'm really an illegal alien here. wow! you caught me.......please don't deport me! please my queen i beg of you.....................shutup.gif

or at the very least... we all get an anti-kewpie allowing us to "write off" our next kewpie...

Then I would have -1? w00t.gif

(Maybe I could keep that as a "get out of jail, err Kewpie" for any future punishable infractions.... LOL)

Well, I'm certainly not handing over the rights to you!!lol

devil.gif (I have a nice .jpg collection of different ones but I also have quite a few "crowns" .jpg's for you too! shutup.gif)

It's an awesome feature of an awesome Drum Corps Icon....why wouldn't I???

I seem to recall he was of Italian decent ... and if you crossed him, someone in his family might slip ya a mickey

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Yes, and as luck would have it, this parade was in their home town.

If you were with St. Catherine's in 61, you competed against them.

1961 was the last season for the corps that the "Mystery DM" fronted. They were disbanded in the Fall, with the "Mystery DM" (Now all grown up) and a big slug of their members migrating to Newark's Woodsiders.

The corps had been strugling, with a tenth place finish at 1961's VFW Finals. For a many time National Champion of that Veterans Title, it must have been a bitter pill.

In 1989 the corps was voted the "Junior Corps of the 1950's" at the DCA Championships.

Elphaba

I seem to recall he was of Italian decent ... and if you crossed him, someone in his family might slip ya a mickey

:-)

WOW!!!! I can see it

Yes, and as luck would have it, this parade was in their home town.

If you were with St. Catherine's in 61, you competed against them.

I was "with" St. Catherine's during the latter part of the '61 season, but as a first soprano "sub" (today's politically correct term: alternate).

So technically, having not actually gotten a drill spot until the following year, I did not compete against them. However, all rookies were required to identify their music (and that of many other corps)by title, show sequence (OTL, Color Pre, Exit...etc) and year, as sung by the veterans on the bus for their entertainment on those endless voyages to and from Rome, Emmaus or wherever.*

We knew their folklore well. The Queensmen regarded them highly.

Frank

* One of the older guys hipped me to a trick: If you thought it might be a Blessed Sacrament tune, you could guess any year. They never seemed to change their show.