Yes, Fran, me too.

We're never going to live this down.

Francis Timothy Patrick Dorritie

I wonder if this will get us an audience with the Pope.

"Special 'face time' opportunity for people named Francis...." :tongue:

oh and YES he'd have made a GREAT pope...

Now we got an Italian Pope (his parents immigrated from Italy) from Argentina...

so do cabs have to get permission when they play "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"?

• Like 1

so do cabs have to get permission when they play "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"?

Now that's funny, and speaking of which...

The current individual under discussion, together with the already identified Mr. Patrone, organized one of the largest gatherings of priests, nuns, brothers, and other religious types this side of Vatican City, and they did this every August for about 30 years.

The Dream, like its counterparts CYO Nationals and Mission Drums, was a bona fide movable feast, and featured more "saints" than the New Testament: St. Kevin's, St. Vincent's, Blessed Sac, Holy Name, the Saints (from Edison)...

Of course there were plenty of sinners too: Skyliners, Musketeers, Raiders, Sunrisers (sun-worshipping pagans), Caballeros, Hurricanes, Princemen, Crusaders (doing penance), Brewers and Buccaneers...

But all were required to present themselves before an "audience" packed with habits, Roman collars and rosaries. And every performer got the "message" that drum corps needed the church, and vice-versa.

Of course, that the was whole point for our current subject, I think. And he had followers and diciples far and wide, like his colleague Fr. DeProfio, 'way out there in the wilderness of Bridgeport. It takes extraordinary individuals like these to sustain drum corps. There are just too few from that mold around at present.

Memorable religious moments from the 1963 Dream.

The nuns sitting in the front row in Roosevelt Stadium as the Yankee Rebels start their concert number, The Stripper by David Rose and the guy dancing the strip-tease with his sash twirling. They just looked at each other and turned red as a beet.

That was the warm-up to Pepe playing the solo in concert, then turning around and scratching himself as he made his way back into line.

This one got a chuckle out of them and they were never the same.

Hail Mary, full of grace............

Edited by gsksun4

Memorable religious moments from the 1963 Dream.

The nuns sitting in the front row in Roosevelt Stadium as the Yankee Rebels start their concert number, The Stripper by David Rose and the guy dancing the strip-tease with his sash twirling. They just looked at each other and turned red as a beet.

That was the warm-up to Pepe playing the solo in concert, then turning around and scratching himself as he made his way back into line.

This one got a chuckle out of them and they were never the same.

Hail Mary, full of grace............

So ... youse guyz wanna hear about something that emroils: The Skyliners, The 1978 Dream, The Judges Meeting, St. Vincent's Rectory, a fridge full of beer in St. Vincent's Rectory, the Priest that blessed the beer that the Skyliners proceeded to drink in the kitchen of St. Vincent's Rectory BEFORE the Judges Meeting after the 1978 Dream ... or the NUNS who caught the Skyliners drinking the JUDGES BEER for AFTER the 1978 Dream Judges Meeting that was held in the Rectory of St. Vincent's ...

Let me know ...

:beer:

Yes, Fran, me too.

We're never going to live this down.

Francis Timothy Patrick Dorritie

worthy.gifworthy.gif

(Now to get everyone to kiss youse guy's rings...LOL)

worthy.gifworthy.gif

(Now to get everyone to kiss youse guy's rings...LOL)

RINGS??????

So ... youse guyz wanna hear about something that emroils: The Skyliners, The 1978 Dream, The Judges Meeting, St. Vincent's Rectory, a fridge full of beer in St. Vincent's Rectory, the Priest that blessed the beer that the Skyliners proceeded to drink in the kitchen of St. Vincent's Rectory BEFORE the Judges Meeting after the 1978 Dream ... or the NUNS who caught the Skyliners drinking the JUDGES BEER for AFTER the 1978 Dream Judges Meeting that was held in the Rectory of St. Vincent's ...

Let me know ...

:beer:

I'm shocked... SHOCKED... to hear that beer-drinking was going on!!! :tongue:

RINGS??????

Yep.... Popes got rings! shutup.gif

(and you were thinking? devil.gif)