That cat would be Bob Adaire of Reilly Raiders "Stardust" fame and recent inductee into the Buglers Hall of Fame

Sadly, Bob passed away a few months ago

Anyone know if Bob Adair had any sons that arranged? When I went to Indiana Univ of PA in the late 70s there was an Adair who arranged but can't remember the first name. Only remember he had a word (dude?) that he kept repeating every other sentence and it drove the trombone head (ROTC member) nutz. :tongue:

Anyone know if Bob Adair had any sons that arranged? When I went to Indiana Univ of PA in the late 70s there was an Adair who arranged but can't remember the first name. Only remember he had a word (dude?) that he kept repeating every other sentence and it drove the trombone head (ROTC member) nutz. :tongue:/>

Hmmm ... could have been Dale ...

Hmmm ... could have been Dale ...

Thanks Andy, that name does sound familiar. Only remember seeing and hearing him a few times so arranging for IUP was probably only one of his jobs. As an aside, the band director/drill writer was Charales Casavant whose father A. R. (literally) wrote the book (actually books) of marching drill for bands.

And I also saw A.R. once when he came up for a weekend. Man was Charlie a bundle of nerves that week.

*bleep* Just remembered I should have a record of the band that year in the cellar. We had some "unique" stuff for the time including "Tribute to Jimmy Carter" (can't remember what that was about), some of The Wiz with "Wizard of Oz" "Bo-Ye-Yo" guard chant in between and my fav an off the wall "Calling All Interplantary Craft" (sounded like you had to be stoned to get it) that went into "Star Wars" theme. Only remember Craft/Star Wars bit because Charlie ran out of field and my spot was 10 feet past the backside line. All I could think was "Oh #### I might be standing with the team if they come back quick". As it was my spot on the practice parking lot was on a concrete parking hump (and yes I was there during practice).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I think you probably did. He's a great guy.

thumbup.gif

Good Lord, they picked a Pope quicker than we can name this feature.

Is there anyone here that doesn't know who this is? :blink:

Last hint:

He was the guy on the sideline at the Dream dressed in all black, and no, Johnny Cash never marched the Dream. :tongue:

Edited by gsksun4

Is there anyone here that doesn't know who this is?

Drummers in the NJ HOF invented a special rudiment, and named it in his honor.

The rudiment is called a faddawiddikah.

• Like 1

Drummers in the NJ HOF invented a special rudiment, and named it in his honor.

The rudiment is called a faddawiddikah.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Geez, nothing here since the 19th!!!!

I guess everyone is afraid they'll mis-spell Monsignor Wojtycha's name, as I probably have!

Next!

Ray

Did you give the good Father a promotion? (I don't know, really... blink.gif)

Rev. Edward F. Wojtycha

I could not for the life of me remember how to spell it