I was Vince Bruni's right hand man that year (1978)... my brother and I were both playing lead sop... I remember the warm welcome back then well... and not only was that the loudest horn line in the history of DCA... it was also by far the largest... 76 horns at finals...

Yeah, that was a sweet horn line! My first year experiencing drum corps was very memorable!

And I think that might be Donnie Solinger in the middle ... something about the hair (or lack there of) ...

:-)

We were in the stands during this. I wasn't able to pick out George Parks (didn't think to look) but do know Donnie was on the field. Man what a smile he had..... :w00t:

Just putting it back on top... for newbies

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

One @ a time, please... Left to Right: Guess Who # 485 ?

(click on pic to enlarge)

One at a time, please...Left to Right:

1. Mark Plotts - Westshoremen

2. Jimmy Russo - Caballeros

3. Andy Gargano - Sunrisers

4. John Macri - Sunrisers

5. ?? ??

It seems a little sacreligious to have to guess #5's name from a photo... like going to church and pointing and saying "and His name?" okay maybe not church but you know what i mean.

It's like posting a picture of Pepe and saying "Guess Who"

Or Fran with one of those shirts...

just sayin'

It seems a little sacreligious to have to guess #5's name from a photo... like going to church and pointing and saying "and His name?" okay maybe not church but you know what i mean.

OK - just thought about it - Jimmy Russo is even more iconic than #5 so my whole argument goes in the hopper - never mind.

just sayin'

Yeah, that was a sweet horn line! My first year experiencing drum corps was very memorable!

to bad you were not around the year before in 1977. we had a rockin drumline. john flowers, rick colletti and his brother and colin campbel. flowers and sanford wrote the charts. the only line we couldn't beat was...........sunrisers. and that line was freaking huge.

SO NICE YOU HAD TO SAY IT TWICE, EH?

Ray, you should spend a bit more time on this thread. It's not so much about "naming" the victim(s) as it is about sharing their background / history / personal memories shared among folks. This thread will never die. It holds way too much info. It's a Bible of Drum Corps folks through the years. It's a more personal look in to these folks. This is why I try to stress how important it is to address one person at a time.

just sayin'

"GW 376"..... It has been done... LOL

to bad you were not around the year before in 1977. we had a rockin drumline. john flowers, rick colletti and his brother and colin campbel. flowers and sanford wrote the charts. the only line we couldn't beat was...........sunrisers. and that line was freaking huge.

worthy.gif

SO NICE YOU HAD TO SAY IT TWICE, EH?

Ray, you should spend a bit more time on this thread. It's not so much about "naming" the victim(s) as it is about sharing their background / history / personal memories shared among folks. This thread will never die. It holds way too much info. It's a Bible of Drum Corps folks through the years. It's a more personal look in to these folks. This is why I try to stress how important it is to address one person at a time.

Am I right? Where are all you regulars?

Am I right? Where are all you regulars?

yes you are my queen. your always right. i've learned a lot about lot's of people here.

• Like 1