Not the cost, Nan... it's the time.

DCP is my only guilty pleasure on-line. (look at what time I usually post)

I Twitter as part of my job but that's pretty lame.

Just don't think I have the face for books I guess.

I feel the Ieed to answer this post again...

Ray, it was both the cost AND the time! Mom made the time. Hell, she scheduled all her time off to take us to shows. She mapped them all out and we'd often see 3 or 4 shows a weekend. Not to mention how she'd figure in a way to visit a few historical sites either enroute to or from the shows. She kept ticket stubs aND LITTLE PIECES OF PAPER THAT SHE TOOK NOTES ON ABOUT....everything from the price of gas and how much she spent to fill the station wagon tank...

We pulled over to sleep for a while (just on the side of the road) .... a cop pulls up, asks what we are doing, finds out our situation and directs us to drive another 5 miles and take a right. pull in to the hotel parking lot... its safer. And then we can go inside to shower / wash up in the morning.

you are correct my queen. oh yeah and it's " THE DON ". :smile:

correct "THE Don"

which is what you get when you give a bass drummer those old and LOUD and dangerous wooden mallets... bass drummer to be feared, strong back and weapons in his hands

Twitter as part of my job but that's pretty lame.

Dang I work with computers (programming and databases) and still haven't gotten around to Twitter. Still have a "dumb" (###) phone. Hit fb once in a while under my wifes name as we share an email account and don't want to create a new account just to have fb in both names. Other than that it's DCP and can't even figure how to check if RAMD still exists....

LOL - only fb I go to is Westshoremen group and whatever the nieces post which can get interesting when they forget we are on the friends list.

If someone wants to start a JC story I can tell how he gave me some status with Hanover when I first joined. Has to do with beer being delivered at our table at a PADCHOF breakfast followed by comments of "How do YOU rate?". :w00t: I call it my "Lil Italian beer fairy" story.

yeah ray my name is DON...........LOL

I'm 62... I'm excited when I get close on the keyboard.

Sorry. Mayber had you confused with DelRay?

Dang I work with computers (programming and databases) and still haven't gotten around to Twitter. Still have a "dumb" (###) phone. Hit fb once in a while under my wifes name as we share an email account and don't want to create a new account just to have fb in both names. Other than that it's DCP and can't even figure how to check if RAMD still exists....

LOL - only fb I go to is Westshoremen group and whatever the nieces post which can get interesting when they forget we are on the friends list.

If someone wants to start a JC story I can tell how he gave me some status with Hanover when I first joined. Has to do with beer being delivered at our table at a PADCHOF breakfast followed by comments of "How do YOU rate?". :w00t: I call it my "Lil Italian beer fairy" story.

Yeah, I normally wouldn't Twit, but I run the Dallas Fort Worth station for JetBlue and we have a lot of customer feedback on Twitter - have to be able to respond, hence, dinosaur on Twitter.

I should have a new Unsociable Media site called something like "Blunder" where you just type and mistype anything that comes to mind..."you didn't like our service? Go #### yourself!" stuff like that.

Hook it in to my new Fast food place "Assburgers"

When you pull up to the microphone on the drive through they swear at you...

Etc.

• Like 1

I feel the Ieed to answer this post again...

Ray, it was both the cost AND the time! Mom made the time. Hell, she scheduled all her time off to take us to shows. She mapped them all out and we'd often see 3 or 4 shows a weekend. Not to mention how she'd figure in a way to visit a few historical sites either enroute to or from the shows. She kept ticket stubs aND LITTLE PIECES OF PAPER THAT SHE TOOK NOTES ON ABOUT....everything from the price of gas and how much she spent to fill the station wagon tank...

We pulled over to sleep for a while (just on the side of the road) .... a cop pulls up, asks what we are doing, finds out our situation and directs us to drive another 5 miles and take a right. pull in to the hotel parking lot... its safer. And then we can go inside to shower / wash up in the morning.

Nan - I totally agree with you. I'm not talking about the difference between now and then... Loved being a kid - it was a different world, although not Happy Days for everyone, ask Rosa Parks who was booked 57 years ago yesterday.

I'm talking about the difference between NOW - the way I would like to live (no cell phones, no Twitter, no facebook, no daughters going out with ######## - thank God she lived through that one without me killing him) and the way I live (computers, blackberries, job eating my life).

you know I agree with you about the changes in society, although I think it's a tiny bit dangerous to build castles in the air about the old days. As Billy Joel said they "weren't always good."

I could really get a political rant going just about drum corps in the 60s but it would be to no avail.

But you and I basically agree, not that I have any choice.

I have no wish to be exiled.

I'm 62... I'm excited when I get close on the keyboard.

Sorry. Mayber had you confused with DelRay?

it's all good ray. just busting you're balls buddy................ :tounge2:

Yeah, I normally wouldn't Twit, but I run the Dallas Fort Worth station for JetBlue and we have a lot of customer feedback on Twitter - have to be able to respond, hence, dinosaur on Twitter.

I should have a new Unsociable Media site called something like "Blunder" where you just type and mistype anything that comes to mind..."you didn't like our service? Go #### yourself!" stuff like that.

Hook it in to my new Fast food place "Assburgers"

When you pull up to the microphone on the drive through they swear at you...

Etc.

that is to funny. i just fell off the chair................ :felloff:

Ray and Nancy,

They weren't perfect days, but "Happy Days".

When Ted Sasso and I were both teaching Long Island Circuit corps in the mid-'60's, we would designate our "favorite kids". I wanted Ray Fallon, but since I was not an official instructor of the Oceanside Legionnaires (just an adjunct helper), Teddy got him. I then chose Tom (later "Bunyon") Mc Carthy of the Seaford Golden Hawks. Both of them made us look good.

Edited by ironlips
  • Like 1