Andy,

It's not Mervin, though he did march in the Sunrisers, too, and played in the drum and horn lines, and is the subject of a film documentary in development, "Finding Mervin Hurd", by fellow Sun alum, Raffaelle Marraffa.

If the present subject marched there it was probably in the '80s, I think, well after Mervin had vanished, though there is some resemblance between these two linebacker-sized guys.

The "mentoring" anecdote did not relate to this subject but was just an attempt to get the discussion back to him. (I do ramble, occasionally, I am told.)

Wow, I'm losing faith here on my guess. I've even compared photo's from this feature to a few on the Sun site and believe it's the guy.

Frank, I think it's one of our 67/68 guys who left and came back and is still active on staff with them today.

We need more clues.

Pick up the NY Daily News on Sundays and about twice during the week since the Harrisburg paper dropped to 3 days a week. NYDN went from calling the Jets "Gang Green" to "Gag Green"...... Then again after the Giants lost to Dallas just before Thanksgiving the headline was "Turkeys Done" with a picture of Manning. Wonder if drum corps gave me my taste for sarcasm.... :tounge2:

Or is it Kris is a Raiders fan and I root for the Bills OY!!! :help:

As for the msytery guest he looks familiar but just can't pull up any more brain cells....

I've said it before....

I'm a Jets and Ravens fan. So at least I root for one professional football team. :tongue:

I've said it before....

I'm a Jets and Ravens fan. So at least I root for one professional football team. :tongue:

yes you do. can you say shrek? HA!

Andy, if you mean post 33823, I didn't get that from the post. Just thought he was reacting to the previous "Sucks" post.

Jeff thinks he knows the guy, so if it is a Queensmen, I don't think he would know him, though I don't know how long he marched Sun past 68.

The guy I think it is has been around for a long time and participates to this day.

he looked someone i know, but now i'm not sure. so...I dunno

Andy,

It's not Mervin, though he did march in the Sunrisers, too, and played in the drum and horn lines, and is the subject of a film documentary in development, "Finding Mervin Hurd", by fellow Sun alum, Raffaelle Marraffa.

If the present subject marched there it was probably in the '80s, I think, well after Mervin had vanished, though there is some resemblance between these two linebacker-sized guys.

The "mentoring" anecdote did not relate to this subject but was just an attempt to get the discussion back to him. (I do ramble, occasionally, I am told.)

I sort of forgot Mervin... when we figure out who this is can you tell us what's up with him? I'm losing track...

I sort of forgot Mervin... when we figure out who this is can you tell us what's up with him? I'm losing track...

Ray, he was inducted into the Sunrisers Hall of Fame last year.... he was not able to attend the event.

I heard he was not doing so well, health-wise.

Fran,

I don't know about that health rumor, and think it's unfounded.

What is true is that Mervin could not be located. (I was involved in the search for him.) He seems to be off the radar. I wasn't kidding about the documentary, as Raffaelle Marraffa is actually developing a script for "Finding Mervin Hurd" for PBS.

But Nanci's photo is not he.

Fran,

I don't know about that health rumor, and think it's unfounded.

What is true is that Mervin could not be located. (I was involved in the search for him.) He seems to be off the radar. I wasn't kidding about the documentary, as Raffaelle Marraffa is actually developing a script for "Finding Mervin Hurd" for PBS.

But Nanci's photo is not he.

One thing for sure... his induction into the Sun Hall was long overdue!!!

• Like 1

Hello y'all,
Sorry, haven't had much time for the computer and when I do.... she's old / slow and dying on me. So, bear with me as I look for a replacement. Hope everyone's Health & Holidays are shaping up Happy & Healthy! HUGS!

The current victim er, I mean feature # 504 isn't Milt or Merv.
(PS: He's not as big as he looks... he's leaning into the pic. here)
Fran, don't you recognize this guy? Thought for sure he'd be an easy one here for some of you? Tony? Bueller? LOL

it's been a while...

Please Read Before You Post
If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)
If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.
When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.
Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:
The *Guess Who* Mailbox
Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..
Guess Who # 504 ?

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3673/11071167695_8b38212a37_o.jpg