Pretty sure Brigs won high horns 68 DCA. I don't recall the sheets after the show, but something tells me Flowers and that drum line helped put Reading in first place. Rightfully so I guess, since as far as I know, Bucs only lost twice in 68. Both times to Hurcs, Stratford and the Dream.

Tom or Frank, do you recall any of the breakdown for top 3, DCA 68?

i have the scores. and yes glen you are right. bucs drumline won it for then along with m&m.

Actually, I just checked the recap Don sent me a long time ago:

Hurcs took high M&M and Drums (bombed in GE)

Brigs took high Horns

Bucs took high GE (by a spread)

Sun scored well across the board but took no captions

Glenn ... send me your e-mail addy and I'll forward them to you ... I can't get them up on DCP ... maybe you can figure it out ...

As I recall, 1968 was the first year for the "new" sheets ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Brigs took high Horns

Glenn ... send me your e-mail addy and I'll forward them to you ... I can't get them up on DCP ... maybe you can figure it out ...

Andy, PM sent. Not sure I'll be able to post though, been having trouble with pics here since I got W7.

Brigs took high Horns

As I recall, 1968 was the first year for the "new" sheets ...

i should have looked at them before i spoke andy. i tought my memory could handle it. and should have know hurcs to high drums. sorry about that. next time i'l take the time to research. my bad.

Andy, PM sent. Not sure I'll be able to post though, been having trouble with pics here since I got W7.

give him your email addy. or me. that should work.

>>The Roar of the Greasepaint, The Smell of the Crowd.<<

... ah yes, I remember it well ... (in my best Maurice Chevalier voice) ...

I definitely remember the Smell of the Crowd, especially Roosevelt Stadium... wooo dawgies...

• Like 1

"... parents loved drum corps... Mom said I went to my first contest in the womb."

And there you have it. Authentic Drum Corps DNA.

To my everlasting shame, my daughter Tammy (Frank you know her well) never went "home" from the hospital.

Born on 5/27/81 (she'll kill me if she knows I posted that) she went immediately to a Hurcs' rehearsal in Norwich, CT.

You may remember there was a lot of pressure that Spring to improve on the 3rd place finish Hurcs registered in '80.

And the results (for her) were more dramatic than for the Hurcs - she spent decades in WGI (starting with Black Watch at 9) and 11 years with Boston (starting at 11).

And has taught almost as many teams as I have, only doing a better job.

She now teaches little kids to sing, dance, and act. Something symmetrical to that.

While we're officially way OT, I had the strangest dream about drum corps last night:

Everyone that showed up for Finals (there were very few) got in.

Crossmen were in 12th and (get this) Audubon was in 11th. I have a feeling that was from reading Elphaba's story the other day - left me spending a lot of time thinking about all-girl corps and the inequity of those kids not being able to go on to Senior Corps until Judy Foster broke in with Sun. (btw, I know Judy didn't come from an all-girl corps - I knew her in Smithtown Freelancers where she played in a brass quartet with Wayne, Mike Conlon, herself, and Nick ### #### Jaworski. Competed against those kids every weekend during the winter.)

Worse yet, I was listening to Audubon (in the dream - I only saw them a couple of times in real life) and they were good, but small, old-timish, and playing with some crazy tubaphone thing made out of plastic - not fiberglass, like bright orange plastic.

Delucia was in the dream, and I remarked "what the #### happened so quickly - even last year it was very competitive", to which he responded "No, this is a good year - these corps have been good for a while."

I have no idea - just wanted to point out what youse guys are doing to my old brain.

I have plenty of worries managing an airline that barely matters in Dallas, Texas. I shouldn't be having dreams about drum corps.

#toooldforthiscrap

Edited by rayfallon

>>I definitely remember the Smell of the Crowd, especially Roosevelt Stadium... wooo dawgies...<<

Ray ... that wasn't the crowd ... it was the Ballentine Ale Beer Stand under the cheap seats ... HOO HAA!!!! ...

• Like 1

Thanks for the JPG's guys, but I saved them as and tried everything to paste them here, but no go.

It's interesting to see now what went down in 68. Don, you guys were right up there with Bucs and Hurcs in drumming I see.

Not too shabby my friend.

• Like 1