Tony.....check your message.

I though I did reply to your message? You did NOT get it? (photo hosting on line?)

And Tony long story on how we picked a Bichon. Wanted something small and wouldn't try to eat our old Siamese cat. I told Kris if she wanted a dog that bad she could pick one given the conditions. After a year checking she came up and said "I want a Bichon Friese". First thing out of my mouth was "What the Hell is a Bichon Friese?". Then she showed me what she found about temperment, etc and... yes honey great choice.

Donna wanted a Bichon but there wasn't one at the local rescue. The one thing we were sure of was we would be getting a small dog and we would be adopting one from the rescue... (It was a couple of months before Sam and Vicky came in so we're glad we waited...)

VERY long story made short.... (yes, pun intended. heh)

Because of my health condition we were looking for a small friendly dog. Victoria (we're guessing she was around 2 yrs old) was my pick but she was VERY timid when they brought her out to be with us. They let us know she came in with another dog (Samantha, guessing she was around 4 yrs old) and brought her out and Vicky all of a sudden was very playful and friendly with Sam with us. We were not planning on adopting two dogs but could leave Sam there so we adopted both....

• Like 2

*double post*

Here we go again...

Edited by TennTux

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/d-day-landing-sites-then-now-normandy-beaches-1944-70-years-later-1450286

On the subject of D-Day....check out these photos. And yes, Saving Pvt. Ryan is sobering!

WOW....

• Like 1

I though I did reply to your message? You did NOT get it? (photo hosting on line?)

I didn't recieve your reply! Can you try again....Thanks

• Like 1

WOW....

:ninja:

Great Pics, Tony!!

Thanks a bunch -

Certainly have some serious remnants of "The Longest Day" :worthy:

Pat

• Like 1

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/d-day-landing-sites-then-now-normandy-beaches-1944-70-years-later-1450286

On the subject of D-Day....check out these photos. And yes, Saving Pvt. Ryan is sobering!

Incredible.

My Uncle Leo (my mom's brother) was one of the Army Rangers who stormed the beach on D-Day.

He later helped liberate a concentration camp.

I remember my mom telling us, years ago, that he came home from Europe a changed man... he was never quite the same as he was before the war. Much more withdrawn. Always a nice man, but withdrawn.

Understandably so.

Like Frank and others have said... I can't even imagine going through what my uncle, and thousands of others, endured. They are all heroes in my book.

• Like 1

Incredible.

My Uncle Leo (my mom's brother) was one of the Army Rangers who stormed the beach on D-Day.

He later helped liberate a concentration camp.

I remember my mom telling us, years ago, that he came home from Europe a changed man... he was never quite the same as he was before the war. Much more withdrawn. Always a nice man, but withdrawn.

Understandably so.

Like Frank and others have said... I can't even imagine going through what my uncle, and thousands of others, endured. They are all heroes in my book.

my ex father-in-law was in Europe during the war. he got a purple heart. he was cru's guard captain from 59-70. we used to talk about the war and when i asked him if he ever killed anyone he wouldn't answer. other old timers would never answer or say they didn't know. one told me it was to horrific to talk about. they were all humbled by the war.

• Like 4

I didn't recieve your reply! Can you try again....Thanks

OK.. Please try your messages again...