The main point I'm trying to make here is that it was very cleverly thought out and each player wound up in the same spot every time ... well ... almost ... LOL ... it looks so simple now ... but ... in 1972 (as evidenced by the video) the crowd went nuts ...

:-)

OK before the Jam everyone was in their set spot.... then walk/wander/scatter/meander and end up in a set spot at the end of the Jam ready to do "Charlie Welch" IIRC.

Set spot before and after which was the same as my "rocket ship" *ugh* experience. Casavant called it a scatter drill, Sky called it a Jam, either way effective. Only scattering/jamming was between the before and after set spots.

And what Sky played during beat the crap out of what we were playing. Yep a bunch o' car horns sound was better than the "pass the pot pipe" sounds of "Calling All Interplanetary Craft" from Klaatu (yes group named after the robot in "Day The Earth Stood Still"). Thinking about it maybe our scatter was supposed to be wandering around in a green haze.... Only memorable thing about the group was there was a rumor they were actually the Beatles in hiding (this was 1977).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

OK before the Jam everyone was in their set spot.... then walk/wander/scatter/meander and end up in a set spot at the end of the Jam ready to do "Charlie Welch" IIRC.

Set spot before and after which was the same as my "rocket ship" *ugh* experience. Casavant called it a scatter drill, Sky called it a Jam, either way effective. Only scattering/jamming was between the before and after set spots.

And what Sky played during beat the crap out of what we were playing. Yep a bunch o' car horns sound was better than the "pass the pot pipe" sounds of "Calling All Interplanetary Craft" from Klaatu (yes group named after the robot in "Day The Earth Stood Still"). Thinking about it maybe our scatter was supposed to be wandering around in a green haze.... Only memorable thing about the group was there was a rumor they were actually the Beatles in hiding (this was 1977).

listen up. john flowers is in the hospital. sounds like he had a stroke and pnuemonia. running a high fever and can't talk. we need some prayer power her.

• Like 2

at the end an "accident" occurred at the intersection when all the contras collided with each other ... this caused the "Traffic Jam" with the horns now blaring away like car horns ...

Any day you learn something is a good day. Never knew it was the contras colliding that caused the Traffic Jam.

Edited by gsksun4

>>

Any day you learn something is a good day. Never knew it was the contras colliding that caused the Traffic Jam.

<<

... and ... if you watch the video, you'll notice Winky is the "traffic cop" in the middle of the intersection ...

OT (as usual)

Save me!

I've started to add posts on other threads.

I know I'm going to get cancelled or something.

When I read some of these I think I'm tripping back to RAMD again...

"Their flam-paradiddles aren't as good as they were in 2002"

"Their guard staff doesn't know how to spin"

Ayeeeah...

If anyone sees me on another thread please say "step away from the keyboard..."

>>

<<

Actually Ray, I think someone just agreed with you on the Bayonne thread re: C2 fees ...

DCP ... especially this thread ... is a far cry from RAMD ... the dc people on here really compliment each other ... some teach ... some learn ... most are on some good meds ... I know my personal knowledge base has increased immensely ... and sometimes I get to fill in some gems for people as well ... Wholand is just a happy place man ... don't go wandering so much ...

• Like 2

>>

<<

Actually Ray, I think someone just agreed with you on the Bayonne thread re: C2 fees ...

DCP ... especially this thread ... is a far cry from RAMD ... the dc people on here really compliment each other ... some teach ... some learn ... most are on some good meds ... I know my personal knowledge base has increased immensely ... and sometimes I get to fill in some gems for people as well ... Wholand is just a happy place man ... don't go wandering so much ...

Andy,

I find great peace here after a trying day (Airlines can actually be trying at times with weather, etc.).

I learn something no less often than every 2 days.

I honestly believe that most everyone on this thread knows more basic drum corps stuff than I and it's fun to zone in and play.

Plus I can usually be a total moron without pissing anyone off except occasionally Don.

OK, maybe a couple more - I ###### off Tom after DCA - totally my fault.

Probably Nanci once in a while.

I notice Fish doesn't talk to me much after our nearly 40 year friendship.

And you never liked me.

But other than that I'm at peace here.

Not RAMD at all.

But the rest of DCP is cold and scary.

They HATE Drum Corps! Or at least everything since like 1973 or so...

or in some cases 2003, but man...