Hard to play with the SUN in your eyes............

Yah, that's the way I always remember him, but I think that the folks at Queensmen, Garfield, Westshore, Blue Devils, Hurricanes, Bluecoats, San Jose Raiders, Renegades, Bridgemen, Boston, and quite a few more think of him as one of theirs.

Didn't have time to grow any grass between HIS toes.

Plus he recorded it all for posterity.

Oh, and did I mention Oxford, England?

I was lucky to make it to Philadelphia.

this is way OT but i have to say SOMETHING. i see the blue devils won DCI with a score of 99.650. i find this unbelievable. now that says they are as close to perfect as you can get. i just don't think anybody can do this. drum corps and the judging system is way out of wack. and now we will hve to see what DCA does to compete with that score. cause let's face DCA has been chasing DCI scores for year.

ok. back to our regularly scheduled programing.

this is way OT but i have to say SOMETHING. i see the blue devils won DCI with a score of 99.650. i find this unbelievable. now that says they are as close to perfect as you can get. i just don't think anybody can do this. drum corps and the judging system is way out of wack. and now we will hve to see what DCA does to compete with that score. cause let's face DCA has been chasing DCI scores for year.

Don, it's not necessarily about "perfection" per se... but about the ranking and rating of corps, and one corps' caption scores as related to those of their competitors.

OK... I'll wade in here and probably tick off the entire population of this thread....LOL... but I have never seen a better corps than the 2014 Blue Devils. Ever.

Honest to God... my old team (Sun) was a great, great corps.... but I could only dream about performing at the level achieved by the Devils this year.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Fran Haring

Don, it's not necessarily about "perfection" per se... but about the ranking and rating of corps, and one corps' caption scores as related to those of their competitors.

OK... I'll wade in here and probably tick off the entire population of this thread....LOL... but I have never seen a better corps than the 2014 Blue Devils. Ever.

Honest to God... my old team (Sun) was a great, great corps.... but I could only dream about performing at the level achieved by the Devils this year.

Just my opinion.

c'mon fran. all those perfect GE scores? you can say what you want but if they hit that high of a score then ya have to start with the lower corps with lower scores. that kind of scoring is bull sheet. and you can't compare one show from another nor say 77-78 sun to blue devils. fran you know this. i know you do. NOBODY should ever get SCORE THAT HIGH. WE HARE HUMANS AND WE MAKE MISTAKES. EVEN GENE KRUPA WASN'T PERFECT. OPPS...........MY CAPS IS STUCK AGAIN. SORRY. TIME TO CLEAN IT OUT AGAIN.........LOL

I still remember the complaints when Madison got a 10 out of 10 in Music GE in 1975 - seems like a while ago now, huh? 39 years - most of the kids teaching these corps weren't born yet.

The more things change the more they remain the same.

Important part of judging - did the right corps win, and by enough?

Did the other 12 end up in the right order and were the spreads about right (in each caption and collectively).

If you get that right, the high or low score means much less.

If you won the DCA championship with an 84.5, would you yell at the judges?

From what I've heard BD was pretty impressive this year (understatement).

Let 'em have the 99.999999 or whatever.

That group of kids will remember what they accomplished last night and this summer for the rest of their lives.

Good for them. Good for the judges. Good for us.

• Like 1

Just my opinion.

what Fran said.

c'mon fran. all those perfect GE scores? you can say what you want but if they hit that high of a score then ya have to start with the lower corps with lower scores. that kind of scoring is bull sheet. and you can't compare one show from another nor say 77-78 sun to blue devils. fran you know this. i know you do. NOBODY should ever get SCORE THAT HIGH. WE HARE HUMANS AND WE MAKE MISTAKES. EVEN GENE KRUPA WASN'T PERFECT. OPPS...........MY CAPS IS STUCK AGAIN. SORRY. TIME TO CLEAN IT OUT AGAIN.........LOL

BD knows how to max out the sheets. Remember GE isn't about throwing babies from the stands, but even BD got a good chunk of love this year.

Remember the system now isn't tear down, it's build up.

and Krupa may not have been perfect, but Buddy was. if you'd ask him, he'd tell you :)

BD knows how to max out the sheets. Remember GE isn't about throwing babies from the stands, but even BD got a good chunk of love this year.

Remember the system now isn't tear down, it's build up.

and Krupa may not have been perfect, but Buddy was. if you'd ask him, he'd tell you :)

krupa was so much better than buddy rich. and you know it.

krupa was so much better than buddy rich. and you know it.

I didn't say who was better. I said Buddy would tell you he was perfect. No lack of self esteem with him.

as for better....apples to oranges. both great at what they did. Kind of like drum corps then and drum corps now.

I didn't say who was better. I said Buddy would tell you he was perfect. No lack of self esteem with him.

as for better....apples to oranges. both great at what they did. Kind of like drum corps then and drum corps now.

i just can't rattle you're chain lately. LOL