How 'bout this...

Guess Who:

http://tinyurl.com/ytdn9e

vince bruni

Ya know what would really be interesting? Some pictures of people from St. Catherine's Queensmen. I don't recall ever seeing pictures of them.

Certainly a powerhouse corps with many powerhouse members moving on to the senior circuit when the Q-Men ended.

I have several photos taken by my brother of St. Catherine's Queensmen at their last contest (and I believe last appearance ever) on September 30, 1962. It was held at the Union City Roosevelt Stadium (not THE Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City). They are all taken from pretty far distances, so faces are indistinguishable, unfortunately.

I sent them to Marlene Brown who runs several Alumni groups on Yahoo. She in turn sent them on to Drum Corps World, and they were published about a year ago. I also have one photo of Our Lady of Loretto that same day (also their last-ever contest), one of St. Kevin's, two of Garfield, and one of the corps standing on retreat. If I can ever learn how to scan them in, I'll submit them here also, or maybe I can locate them if they're still in my old e-mails where a friend scanned them in for me to send to Marlene. Great shots of great corps, and it was mostly by chance my brother was there to take them.

Some of the notables in that corps on that last day: Orus Cavnor, Billy Cobham, the Sasso brothers, Jack McQuillan, Bill Hightower.

I just checked through old e-mails and located the photos I just mentioned from Union City, 1962. They include two of St. Catherine's, one of Loretto, one of St. Kevin's, two of Garfield, one of retreat, and one of the Skyliners on the starting line ready to give an exhibition. They are like a time capsule! It was two years ago that my friend Vince of the Cabs Alumni scanned them in for me, and last year sometime that DCW published them.

If gsksun4 or anyone else would like me to send them to you directly, send me a direct e-mail at: cabalumnidrummer@yahoo.com. I'll be happy to forward them.

I believe you've got it.

Hardy Carassis

Poor Hardy (Solon), his name is always butchered...try Carrasas. He is best remembered as a sly, hard-working drill man, but he was also a solid horn player as well.

OK............I'm an old nibbler from waaaaaay back........is it......Tommy Martin????

Nah, major sinus issues and computer/ scanner issues and just waiting to see if anyone nibbles at the *third*.