Another WAY out there guess:

Marty Angiuli (SP)?????????????

The pic is from 1963 ... Marty marched with Sky in 1972.

Even I'm not sure who the third guy is! ... LOL ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

The pic is from 1963 ... Marty marched with Sky in 1972.

Even I'm not sure who the third guy is! ... LOL ...

so we have an unknown skyliner.

Yes, yes..... c'mon, none of you know who the third is?

That's Swan playing the solo in "Miserlou". PeeWee and the "unknown" Skyliner appear to be coming forward to form a three man squad (remember those B) ). I believe that is Gene Halpern to the left of Swan. At first I thought the "unknown" Skyliner was a guy by the name of (possibly Fred or Frank, not sure of the first name) Robinson but then I realized that he marched in the guard in 1964 and/or 65 and transferred to the second soprano section in 1966. It could be one of the guys from St. Helena's in the Bronx who joined the Skyliners at the Thanksgiving Day parade back in 1960 or 61 but I really can't say for sure. Pete Troy might know better.

That's Swan playing the solo in "Miserlou". PeeWee and the "unknown" Skyliner appear to be coming forward to form a three man squad (remember those B) ). I believe that is Gene Halpern to the left of Swan. At first I thought the "unknown" Skyliner was a guy by the name of (possibly Fred or Frank, not sure of the first name) Robinson but then I realized that he marched in the guard in 1964 and/or 65 and transferred to the second soprano section in 1966. It could be one of the guys from St. Helena's in the Bronx who joined the Skyliners at the Thanksgiving Day parade back in 1960 or 61 but I really can't say for sure. Pete Troy might know better.

Didn't Jo Jo play soprano?

well it ain't Pepe, who was the original 'unknown Skyliner' at the first GAS individuals....ya had to see him play with that bag on his head

J

so we have an unknown skyliner.

Even another WAY OUT THERE guess:

Charlie Aquilinia.

This is of course a very long long shot since I'm sure Mr. Lisko knows Charlie.

Whoever he is, he's in pretty great company.

Charlie played cymbals and didn't join ultil 71.

I first thought it was Joe DeFiglia but, the guy is too short ... then I thought it might be Johnny Guarino but, no goatee ... I'm wondering now if it's Timmy Renny who came over to the corps from Loretto that year and played in the Miserlou trio ...

Edited by ajlisko