Itchy and Scratchy?

nope.

OK, first thing I see is the Hurc's hats. These always reminded me of corps from up-state NY. Then, another reminder, the black shoes. Most corps from below the Tappan Zee Bridge wore white bucks. Except Reilly and Cabs to name a couple. A cross on the hat and the fact that these folks look like a senior corps tell me this might be the Grey Knight Crusaders on retreat.

If I'm wrong, forget anything I've said above.

That is correct. A merger of the Hilton Grey Knights and the Irondiquot (sp) Crusaders. I believe Vince Bruni named them the "Fabulous" Crusaders. At least I think I recall them being announced as such on a few occasions.

That is correct. A merger of the Hilton Grey Knights and the Irondiquot (sp) Crusaders. I believe Vince Bruni named them the "Fabulous" Crusaders. At least I think I recall them being announced as such on a few occasions.

I'm impressed for you not knowing how to spell Irondequoit(where the water meets the land), you did a darn good job of spelling it. It was interesting back in the day, they weren't the Crusaders, but the 'Fabulous' Crusaders, they weren't the Utica Yankees, but the "Magnificent" Yankees. They weren't just the Liberators, but the 'Mighty" Liberators......kinda' adds some panache don't it?

your pretty close. the merger ceated the GREY KNIGHTS CRUSADERS. in 1967 the name was changed to THE FABULOUS CRUSADERS. in 1972 we were the ROCHESTER CRUSADERS.

now the 2 bass drummers were..............tom & jerry.

and not for nothin Nanci... it should be mentioned that we are approaching 16000 posts in this thread and over 350000 viewings... from the subject of post #1 - you go girl! GREAT JOB!

This must easily be best thread of all time...

See? It's posts like this.... that's why *I* love this thread!!

It's SO personal and educational!! :lle::ph34r::lle: :lle:

See? Didn't I tell you that very same thing this past weekend? Didn't I? :lle:

your pretty close. the merger ceated the GREY KNIGHTS CRUSADERS. in 1967 the name was changed to THE FABULOUS CRUSADERS. in 1972 we were the ROCHESTER CRUSADERS.

now the 2 bass drummers were..............tom & jerry.

Are you sure of these dates Don? Last I marched in 67 and 68 they were known as the Rochester Crusaders.

Here's the list from 68 DCA:

Sunday September 1, 1968

Rochester NY DCA Championships DCA

Position Corps Score

1 Reading Buccaneers 82.150

2 Long Island Sunrisers 80.116

3 Syracuse Brigadiers 79.816

4 Rochester Crusaders 79.566

5 New York Skyliners 79.016

6 Connecticut Hurricanes 78.450

7 Yankee Rebels 77.050

8 Hawthorne Caballeros 75.650

9 Les Ambassadeurs 71.683

10 Hamburg Kingsmen 68.216

Edited by gsksun4

Are you sure of these dates Don? Last I marched in 67 and 68 they were known as the Rochester Crusaders.

Here's the list from 68 DCA:

Sunday September 1, 1968

Rochester NY DCA Championships DCA

Position Corps Score

1 Reading Buccaneers 82.150

2 Long Island Sunrisers 80.116

3 Syracuse Brigadiers 79.816

4 Rochester Crusaders 79.566

5 New York Skyliners 79.016

6 Connecticut Hurricanes 78.450

7 Yankee Rebels 77.050

8 Hawthorne Caballeros 75.650

9 Les Ambassadeurs 71.683

10 Hamburg Kingsmen 68.216

yes. that was what we were called. i will say i never saw us called the fabulous crusaders except when we were announced on the field. it was a confusing thing. so we dropped the fabulous part in 1972

yes. that was what we were called. i will say i never saw us called the fabulous crusaders except when we were announced on the field. it was a confusing thing. so we dropped the fabulous part in 1972

ummmm....

here's a couple examples:

Old Article referring to the Fabulous Crusaders

Here's another

If I were up North with my Drum Corps Library... I'd show you others!

(Don't say you dropped the Fabulous part... that doesn't sound good on the Corps' behave at all.) LOL