LOLOLOLOLOLOL :laughing::worthy::worthy::worthy:

almost crapped me depends on that one Gene

Have the Album. A lot of trilling in there to. One of my favorites. Got to meet the man when I was about 14 years old. Watched him in concert playing Carnival of Venice melody and its' variations all at the same time.......WITH ONE FINGER :worthy::inlove:

my 'puters actin' up today Joe, but my answer to your post would be: 'and you know what they say about guys with long noses and feets'..........

and how long your nose is.

OUCH!!!!!!

yep! or maybe "Scotch tape" LOL! :laughing:

in eager anticipation......my guess would be that leggings go on yer legs and spats on on yer spat?????

So, since you're the expert Scotsman here, what's the difference between spats and leggings?

what's the difference between spats and leggings?

Leggings are wrapped, like an Ace bandage. Now check out "puttees".

We now return you to our regular topic.

Leggings are wrapped, like an Ace bandage. Now check out "puttees".

We now return you to our regular topic.

Puttee's are much like leggings. Both utilize string and I believe little hooks and leggings go from the ankle, half way up the calf. No, we aren't introducing farm animals into this discussion. The Navy used leggings to tighten the bell bottoms around the leg while on ship. The bell bottoms were introduced in the navy as a potential floatation device, should you have to abandon ship. The bells would catch the air and would be secured with the laces from the leggings. However, performing this exercise under extreme conditions didn't alway work out. Puttee's go from the ankle, up to the knee. Spats are wrapped from the instep, up over the ankle.

Farm animals wear none of the above, unless you have a twisted farmer.

Edited by gsksun4