So.... as long as we are telling "bar stories": The bar that "steelcityrabbit" mentioned was indeed a gay bar, in MD. The year was 1987, and as the busses pulled up to the bar for the purpose of accuiring as many cases of beer as possible.... I jumped off the "animal bus" and headed for the

door, to get a pack of cigarettes! (it was a long ride home to pittsburgh, then to Cincinnati!)

The bouncer/door watcher stopped me and informed me that "this is a gay bar". I told him "all I was

hoping was that this was a bar that had a cigarette machine!" I went in and got change, bought a pack of marlboros and headed back to the bus. The whole bus started laughing at me, as I was the only one to enter the bar. But..... I was one of the only guys on the bus with cigarettes! And there was NO BEER! LOL!!! Steve Cooley LOVES this "story"! but it is not as good as Cossetti's!

This reminds me of 1978 when me and a few Sunrisers got to Scranton early before the busses from L.I. and found a bar is Dickson City. We were the only ones without coal dust on our faces. Everything was 90 cents, pint drafts of Gennessee Cream Ale and huge submarine sandwiches or whatever you call them in Pa. The "Old timers" game was on TV...and these guys still were wondering how Babe Ruth was doing thsese days!

Fran..jump in here any time.......

This reminds me of 1978 when me and a few Sunrisers got to Scranton early before the busses from L.I. and found a bar is Dickson City. We were the only ones without coal dust on our faces. Everything was 90 cents, pint drafts of Gennessee Cream Ale and huge submarine sandwiches or whatever you call them in Pa. The "Old timers" game was on TV...and these guys still were wondering how Babe Ruth was doing thsese days!

Fran..jump in here any time.......

That was hilarious.... it was like we walked into some sort of parallel universe or something, where time stood still.... LOL

Fran

Then this just might be Charles? :thumbup: (Donna and I will be seeing "Charles" this Sunday at the DCAM Christmas party)

OK.... it's THAT Charles.....LOL

Fran

Yup, it's THAT Charlie. :thumbup:

OK, so who's goin'a spill da beans and kammer up wit his name? :thumbup:

*edited to add the GW post*

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

For a little more insight on the workings of this thread check out pg. 790 post #7894.

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to: The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Guess Who # 334?

Edited by TennTux

OK, so who's goin'a spill da beans and kammer up wit his name? :thumbup:

*edited to add the GW post*

OT: For all my Florida friends, sitting on your screened porches, sipping an adult beverage,

enjoying a warrm sunset etc etc....

It is 22 degrees here in Cincinnati, and after raining for two days, the ground will now freeze and remain so for the next 3 months! And my corpsmates in Wisconsin have snow on the ground with more on the way! (or so I'm told) If I left now, I could be down there in, oh.... 16 hours or so?

OK, What's DCAM?

Sorry about that...

"Drum Corps Affiliates of Maryland" an Affiliation of the Maryland Drum and Bugle Corps Hall of Fame, Inc.

You Mason Dixon people are a scream.

Don't tell any of them "Mason Dixonites" ...

Donna and I are originally from Massachusetts, (Donna from Charlestown and Revere myself from Lynn) we're "incognito", you know, hiding down here.... sorta like witness protection. :thumbup: