This is off topic, but I am looking for a picture of George Rodriguez (RIP). George is being inducted into the Buglers Hall of Fame this month, posthumously, and it would be really cool to have more than one pic of him, preferably in uniform, Cabs and/or Sky. Whoville is really the best source.

So, if anyone has a pic of George, and would like to share with a mention as the source, please PM me. Might even be a good Guess Who. Have to go way back to know him. He was Floyd Bennett's horn instructor, among many others.

BTW, I started on a G bugle, no valve, non-working slide until I freed it, sanded it down and made it work very slippery like. :sad: One day George handed me a French Horn (used horn, slide stuck, same process) and told me to try it. Cool horn.

I also played in the FAF show on Mello. Dont remember a thing. Perhaps too much “Wail Juice”.

Sorry about the OT but worth being hollered at and the shot. :worthy:

Happy Everything!!

Edit: added PC phrase above

Edited by Mellofello01

BTW, I started on a G bugle, no valve, non-working slide until I freed it, sanded it down and made it work very slippery like. :worthy: One day George handed me a French Horn (used horn, slide stuck, same process) and told me to try it. Cool horn.

I remember having to coat the rotary with Vasoline - and hoping it'd work through the Exit.

The beast would freeze up if the temp dropped or was used too much - it made arranging a.. challenge...

This was the round one with the little tab you pushed "up and over" counter-clockwise towards the bell, not the one with the lever that was pushed down towards the feet...

(In my time, the slide came between the two, but we used a LOT of old worn-out "hand-me-down" equipment...)

This is off topic, but I am looking for a picture of George Rodriguez (RIP). George is being inducted into the Buglers Hall of Fame this month, posthumously, and it would be really cool to have more than one pic of him, preferably in uniform, Cabs and/or Sky. Whoville is really the best source.

So, if anyone has a pic of George, and would like to share with a mention as the source, please PM me. Might even be a good Guess Who. Have to go way back to know him. He was Floyd Bennett's horn instructor, among many others.

Steve,

Gail Langan has contacted me (by way of FTD) and I'm looking for a few photos for her, I'll add photos of George to my search list and let you know...

my first bugle had 1 valve and a slide. does that count me in as "old" school? :)

nope... slides are modern... no slides or rotors to be considered OLD

Well? How'd I do Jim?

And did you ever make it to the snare line?

Nancy - I'm sure you did good. However, my daughter showed up late and the restaurant was slow. I didn't get back to the house until after the show. So much for hearing myself.

And I did make the snare line. Started on rudi bass. A few years on tenor (using padded sticks, not mallets). And my last few years on snare. Then retirement.

Thanks again for the shout out.

Edited by The Oz

Steve,

Gail Langan has contacted me (by way of FTD) and I'm looking for a few photos for her, I'll add photos of George to my search list and let you know...

Thanks, Tony, they appear hard to find. George had a female family member (sister/daughter??) who was last known to have a hair styling salon? in Florida some years ago, but it has since closed. Her whereabouts are unknown at this time.

nope... slides are modern... no slides or rotors to be considered OLD

Oh my. Do we have centenarians amongst us?

Edited by Mellofello01

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

For a little more insight on the workings of this thread check out pg. 790 post #7894.

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to: The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Guess Who # 365 ?

(click on pic to enlarge)

So? Any Guesses?

lol

well Nanci, we seem to have gotten to the point where everyone is afraid to put the name out there. those Kewpie's can hurt...

In this case, I'm sure most of the whoer's clearly know the corps historian of the Buccaneers and one of the nicest guys in drum corps...

perhaps we need a time limit... might I suggest that in the future... after 3 days - all kewpies are off and we can all pay homage to our recognized friend?

oh yeah.... it's Donnie Solinger of Reading Buccaneer fame...

Now as part of a 3 day limit, I think it should be understood that we all must help find "appropriate" pictures for Nanci to post.