Andyroo is the only one in here I know that's that old

:laughing:

(Besides, I was better looking)

Andy

Perhaps a little known fact, but he (370) could diddle, tap and roll with the best of them. I once heard him play a double stroker from wide open to a buzz so tight it sounded like a bee flying by. He had a nickname, too. "Hot-Rod"

And after reading further, I realized I guessed wrong on the uniform! Great to be back in my usual form! (clueless) :)

we are in the same place steve. but i did know that was a skyliner uni. after that........CLUELESS. but i think i should know this one. after he's named i will probably do this...... :laughing:

And after reading further, I realized I guessed wrong on the uniform! Great to be back in my usual form! (clueless) :)

Actually ... the uniform in the pic (according to Bob Bella Rosa) is that of the Wm. Sheridan S.A.L. Jr. Corps of Brooklyn, NY ... George, The Latin From Mahhattan, stopped down that day in 1949 to lend a hand at a parade ... according to Bella Rosa, earlier in the year he went to a Sheridan rehearsal with Sky's uni and they adopted a very similar version for their Jr. corps ... Bobby is quite animated when he tells the story ... BTW ... Bella Rosa also mentions that he and George missed the parade! ... LOL ...

:-)

Actually ... the uniform in the pic (according to Bob Bella Rosa) is that of the Wm. Sheridan S.A.L. Jr. Corps of Brooklyn, NY ... George, The Latin From Mahhattan, stopped down that day in 1949 to lend a hand at a parade ... according to Bella Rosa, earlier in the year he went to a Sheridan rehearsal with Sky's uni and they adopted a very similar version for their Jr. corps ... Bobby is quite animated when he tells the story ... BTW ... Bella Rosa also mentions that he and George missed the parade! ... LOL ...

:-)

I guess is todays vernacular we could call him "G-Rod"

Andy

Missed you and your quick wit as announcer at the BHOF I&E and Induction Dinner and Ceremony this Saturday. We both , and many others as well , know this fine gentleman in question was there in spirit. Some of his students are all over the country, teaching and/or still playing. A World Drum Corps HOF member and now The BHOF as well.

Sometimes a good amount of time goes by before things get righted, don't you think?

Edit: spelling

Edited by Mellofello01

I guess is todays vernacular we could call him "G-Rod"

Perfect :laughing: