quick update for Don and the Florida people - received from Roy's family.

It is with sadness we announce the passing of Roy Grant on November 11, 2011 in Largo Florida. Below is information on memorial services being held in his honor:

A service for family and friends will be held locally on Wednesday, November 16

at 4:00 pm, with memorial ceremony starting at 5:00 pm.

Hubbell Funeral Home

499 N. Indian Rocks Road

Belleair Bluff, FL 33770

(727) 584-1073

A service for family and friends will also be held in Syracuse, New York on

Sunday, November 20 from 4:00 - 6:00 pm, with memorial ceremony starting at 6:00

pm.

New Comer Funeral Home

705 N. Main Street

North Syracuse, NY 13212

(315)214-0400

We thank you for the outpouring of love, support and prayers during this difficult time.

The Grant Family

It's been a few pages...

All that said and out of the way..

Guess Who # 453 ?

Looks like a St. Kevin's uni?????

Looking forward to being in Plymouth this weekend!!!!!!!

Edited by Vanguard Rich

Looking forward to being in Plymouth this weekend!!!!!!!

Looking froward to seeing you there Rich!! thumbup.gif

nope...

Fish66 has the best guess so far and I'll tell you why. Even though it's not him, this guy has those same dark eyes the older brother of FS has. Those eyes of steel, that if you screwed up they'd stare at you and mean business. It took me a few minutes to think that it was FS also. I'm going with Andy and the 67 Dream. Now back to square one because Nanci says nope to FS.

It's not me for sure, so I'll try the initials CH or TH???

That is, if it's a Sun uniform.

Edited by gsksun4

Looks like a St. Kevin's uni?????

Rich also has a good guess with Kevin's and that cadet top, but look at that sash across the chest Rich. It's way too wide for Kevin's. See link below. If Andy is correct about Roosevelt Stadium, and Nanci says 1967, it must be from the Dream.

St. Kevin's:

http://www.corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?view=pictures&corpsid=476&corpstype=Junior

Edited by gsksun4

The B.P.O.E. patch was the clue that convinced me it is a Sunriser uniform. They were based at and sponsored for a time by an Elks lodge. In fact, they were also announced as "The Massapequa Elks Sunrisers." I distinctly recall hearing that on a Fleetwood record, maybe from Symphony Hall in '68. On the other shoulder is an American Legion patch. Definitely a Sunriser uniform.

Glenn suggests the initials "CH" or "TH" -- Hmmm, might one 'howl' if they knew who those two were? :tongue:

Fish66 has the best guess so far and I'll tell you why. Even though it's not him, this guy has those same dark eyes the older brother of FS has. Those eyes of steel, that if you screwed up they'd stare at you and mean business. It took me a few minutes to think that it was FS also. I'm going with Andy and the 67 Dream. Now back to square one because Nanci says nope to FS.

It's not me for sure, so I'll try the initials CH or TH???

That is, if it's a Sun uniform.

Man! I must be verbally answering these posts and not actually typing the answers. I thought I already agreed that the Cap'n was correct about the uni being Sun.

And those are some nice initials you have there Glenn. :tongue:

The B.P.O.E. patch was the clue that convinced me it is a Sunriser uniform. They were based at and sponsored for a time by an Elks lodge. In fact, they were also announced as "The Massapequa Elks Sunrisers." I distinctly recall hearing that on a Fleetwood record, maybe from Symphony Hall in '68. On the other shoulder is an American Legion patch. Definitely a Sunriser uniform.

Glenn suggests the initials "CH" or "TH" -- Hmmm, might one 'howl' if they knew who those two were? :tongue:

The right arm looks to be the Elks Massapequa patch and the left looks like the American Legion patch with Hempstead under the patch. We did compete at the Legion States in 67, but not Nationals in Boston.

Great eye once again John. Good clue too if that's Charlie (A very mellow guy). OOPS!!!

Edited by gsksun4

And those are some nice initials you have there Glenn. :tongue:

If it's CH, you've got a real high class gent in uniform there. Very good mello player in line next to Steve Buglino and if I recall correctly, Tommy Leonard. And that can't be all that bad. Sorry for not remembering the others in that line.

CH was an actuary and would come to practice after work in a 3 piece suit. He'd only loosen the tie a bit for practice. He also drove a nice corvette. This cat could have auditioned for a James Bond movie.

That's the only guy I think it could be. Freddy Sasso would have been my first guess.

Edited by gsksun4

If it's CH, you've got a real high class gent in uniform there. Very good mello player in line next to Steve Buglino and if I recall correctly, Tommy Leonard. And that can't be all that bad. Sorry for not remembering the others in that line.

CH was an actuary and would come to practice after work in a 3 piece suit. He'd only loosen the tie a bit for practice. He also drove a nice corvette. This cat could have auditioned for a James Bond movie.

That's the only guy I think it could be. Freddy Sasso would have been my first guess.

ooops don't look now, but it's not Fred or CH.