if you have ever ben to Ocean City Nj, you will remember how the bay and ocean never quite met.

well they have today. OC MD is underwater in the lower parts of town. Several places in North Jersey are underwater. Rain and winds picking up here in Harrisburg

Sounds like the AL adopted the "Tony Schlecta Pick The Winner The Day Before The Show" system used at the VFW title show. :tongue:

Gee Fran, ya think?????

Based on the history of the shows mentioned, it's extremely possible/probable. Unfortunately, none of the skullduggery can be proven. sigh

Ray

Gee Fran, ya think?????

Based on the history of the shows mentioned, it's extremely possible/probable. Unfortunately, none of the skullduggery can be proven. sigh

Ray

Ray, I think you and I can agree on this... unlike the dictatorship in VFW (King Tony S.) where things were a bit more blatant... Legion was a bit more political - sneaky about it if you prefer... the politics was in picking who would judge the show where they had a not so subtle influence on the outcome of the contest as - unfortunately - the "leanings" of many of the judges were fairly well known and clearly defined...

VFW and Tony Schlecta? lol subtle was NOT in his vocabulary... He went to the Adolf Hitler school of subtlety... lol

Ray, I think you and I can agree on this... unlike the dictatorship in VFW (King Tony S.) where things were a bit more blatant... Legion was a bit more political - sneaky about it if you prefer... the politics was in picking who would judge the show where they had a not so subtle influence on the outcome of the contest as - unfortunately - the "leanings" of many of the judges were fairly well known and clearly defined...

VFW and Tony Schlecta? lol subtle was NOT in his vocabulary... He went to the Adolf Hitler school of subtlety... lol

ouch .........hitler? c'mon tom. he was a mass murder. thumbdown.gif

I don't think Tom meant it quite that way Don. Hitler had people openly killed and celebrated it, T.S. only had peoples hopes and dreams killed and had difficulty hiding it. :huh:

i know . i was just kidding with him. tom knows me. he knows i know exactly wht he's talking about. i guess i came on looking serious. sorry.

I don't think Tom meant it quite that way Don. Hitler had people openly killed and celebrated it, T.S. only had peoples hopes and dreams killed and had difficulty hiding it. :huh:

you got it... besides - I was referring to his not being subtle...

hope everyone in the Northeast is snug as a bug and safe and sound...

lots of rain and wind here already...

oh and thanks to the many of you on facebook who have wished my lovely wife "happy birthday" today... She's a saint... (albeit and "older" saint now)

And concern goes out to Tony, Fran and the rest in the path of this monster storm that's already claimed lives. Mother nature putting it to the test.

Stay safe guys.

Thanks Glenn.... :worthy:

As of right now we still have our lights on. Mostly wind as we're on the west side (and slightly south) of Sandy...

I've been tracking Sandy here - http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/211343.shtml?5-daynl%3Flarge#contents

(We're near the top of the Chesapeake Bay, near the PA and DE borders)

i know . i was just kidding with him. tom knows me. he knows i know exactly wht he's talking about. i guess i came on looking serious. sorry.

It's fine Don. I know that he knows that you know what you meant.

Hey Don, we might be the only ones east of Ohio with power in Whoville.

Hope everyone's safe.