Yes they were all in the Neptune Shoreliners. But, Photo is not Shoreliners. The Shoreliners wore uniforms Exactly like Bridgeport PAL Cadets. Red White and Black. The Shoreliners competed in Penn-Jersey. The corps in the phoro did not

Asbury Park Hurricanes ... around 1962

:-)

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 1

Asbury Park Hurricanes ... around 1962

YES !! "Another Lucky Winner" as they use to say at the games on the boardwalk"

(Photo taken at Asbury Park High School stadium. A field that both the VFW and the AL used for "State Championships" a few times.)

Andy, You and Tom P are leading the way to finish this one off.

So we have:

Marty Hurley (left), Jimmy Hurley (right) - "Asbury Park Hurricanes", Jr Drum and Bugle Corps. - 1962

Now the one in the middle. Started in Red, White and Black of the Neptune(NJ) Shoreliners. Ended his marching in Red, White and Black in a Senior Corps.(with the AP Hurricanes & St. Lucy's Cadets in between).

Edited by 2B or not 2B

YES !! "Another Lucky Winner" as they use to say at the games on the boardwalk"

(Photo taken at Asbury Park High School stadium. A field that both the VFW and the AL used for "State Championships" a few times.)

Andy, You and Tom P are leading the way to finish this one off.

So we have:

Marty Hurley (left), Jimmy Hurley (right) - "Asbury Park Hurricanes", Jr Drum and Bugle Corps. - 1962

Now the one in the middle. Started in Red, White and Black of the Neptune(NJ) Shoreliners. Ended his marching in Red, White and Black in a Senior Corps.(with the AP Hurricanes & St. Lucy's Cadets in between).

My ... oh my ... could it possibly be little Tommy Barrett? ... (aka YOU)?????

My ... oh my ... could it possibly be little Tommy Barrett? ... (aka YOU)?????

NO Tommy Barrett is Not the person. ( also not part of the Full Photo, of the whole Drum Line. Played 3rd Bari with the Hurricanes.)

Well, the 'Red, Black and White Sr corps' really narrows it down.

Hmmm, let's see - we have Skyliners, Cabs, Archer-Epler, Rochester Crusaders in the 60s, Princemen (in their final years)and possibly Morristown Colonials ( I think their colors were RB&W).

Did I miss any Senior corps with those colors??

The investigation goes on.

PS- it wouldn't be Nick Dabegnino would it? I know he played with 3 of those corps before packing it in.

Ray

Well, the 'Red, Black and White Sr corps' really narrows it down.

Hmmm, let's see - we have Skyliners, Cabs, Archer-Epler, Rochester Crusaders in the 60s, Princemen (in their final years)and possibly Morristown Colonials ( I think their colors were RB&W).

Did I miss any Senior corps with those colors??

The investigation goes on.

PS- it wouldn't be Nick Dabegnino would it? I know he played with 3 of those corps before packing it in.

Ray

No not him. And I will help by saying his last Corps is on that list. - And i will, take 2 off, Prince and Morristown to help some.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

No not him. And I will help by saying his last Corps is on that list. - And i will, take 2 off, Prince and Morristown to help some.

Other than Bobby Hamilton, I can't think of any other snare from St. Lucy's that played with Sky ... Chew was with Hawthorne for a bit in 65 ... I don't think Kenny DeStevens marched Sr. ... who was that other guy from Lucy's that played with the Cabs and then NY? ... he played fow a few years with Baltimore's Alumni as well ...

Hmmmm

We have not found out which Corps the third (one in middle) was in.

I Will say. He was elected to the New Jersey Drum Corps Hall of Fame - Between - 2005 and 2011.

Other than Bobby Hamilton, I can't think of any other snare from St. Lucy's that played with Sky ... Chew was with Hawthorne for a bit in 65 ... I don't think Kenny DeStevens marched Sr. ... who was that other guy from Lucy's that played with the Cabs and then NY? ... he played fow a few years with Baltimore's Alumni as well ...

Hmmmm

Ray Rodriguez? But he isn't in the NJDCHoF.

Ray

• Like 1

Ray Rodriguez? But he isn't in the NJDCHoF.

Ray

WOW. Ray Rodriuez. Great guy. He was in more of the same Corps as the guy in Photo, than Marty or Jimmy. I remember him well also.