Joe Swanek was a good guy too... no Moe Knox (but who is?) but a good guy.

I hear ya, Ray. Joe was good people. I miss seeing him at shows.

No stories / memories / history about Kevin Dunn? ? ?

The photo was in June 25, 1969 DCN issue. How long did he stay with Hurcs? Did he go on to any other corps? Is he still around Drum Corps today? What kind of guy is / was he? Was he a soloist? Did he stick with music as a career in some way?

Edited by NanciD

The photo was in June 25, 1969 DCN issue. How long did he stay with Hurcs? Did he go on to any other corps? Is he still around Drum Corps today? What kind of guy is / was he? Was he a soloist? Did he stick with music as a career in some way?

Nanci - I got to the Hurcs in 1979 after Sun and 1978 Bridgemen. I never heard Kevin spoken about, but the Hurcs of the late 70s were not a sentimental group - they pretty much lived in the moment.

I'm useless for 1969 Hurcs memories, except that their drum quartet was unlike any I had ever seen, or have seen since. Those boys could flat out play.

Kevin joined the Hurcs for the 67 season after St. Ann's Loyalaires folded in 66 ... yes, he was a soloist ... I believe he played the sop solo in Fiddler On The Roof, Shelton's production number in 67 ... not sure when he left ... maybe Fish knows ... he went to Law School and is currently an Asst. State's Attorney in CT specializing in domestic violence ... I don't think he did anything music-wise after his sting with the Hurcs ... he hasn't been involved with the CT Alumni or Park City Pride ...

:-)

Kevin joined the Hurcs for the 67 season after St. Ann's Loyalaires folded in 66 ... yes, he was a soloist ... I believe he played the sop solo in Fiddler On The Roof, Shelton's production number in 67 ... not sure when he left ... maybe Fish knows ... he went to Law School and is currently an Asst. State's Attorney in CT specializing in domestic violence ... I don't think he did anything music-wise after his sting with the Hurcs ... he hasn't been involved with the CT Alumni or Park City Pride ...

Kevin joined the Hurcs for the 67 season after St. Ann's Loyalaires folded in 66 ... yes, he was a soloist ... I believe he played the sop solo in Fiddler On The Roof, Shelton's production number in 67 ... not sure when he left ... maybe Fish knows ... he went to Law School and is currently an Asst. State's Attorney in CT specializing in domestic violence ... I don't think he did anything music-wise after his stint with the Hurcs ... he hasn't been involved with the CT Alumni or Park City Pride ...

Edited by ajlisko

Kevin joined the Hurcs for the 67 season after St. Ann's Loyalaires folded in 66 ... yes, he was a soloist ... I believe he played the sop solo in Fiddler On The Roof, Shelton's production number in 67 ... not sure when he left ... maybe Fish knows ... he went to Law School and is currently an Asst. State's Attorney in CT specializing in domestic violence ... I don't think he did anything music-wise after his stint with the Hurcs ... he hasn't been involved with the CT Alumni or Park City Pride ...

You got it right as far as I know Andy.....though I don't think he did the Fiddler solo...that was Laskowski. He was going to UB while in the Corps and went into law. I havn't seen him since 1969...that's why I was so slow to recognize him! He was a good guy and a very good horn in a strong lead section during those years...:thumbup:/>

Edited by fish66

You got it right as far as I know Andy.....though I don't think he did the Fidler solo...that was Laskowski. He was going to UB while in the Corps and went into law. I havn't seen him since 1969...that's why I was so slow to recognize him!

Laskowski may have taken it over but I remember Kevin playing it early on when you guys used to practice at the Nike Site ... Frannie made a stop at St. Raphael's after the 66 season before he hooked up with the Hurcs ... his brother Bob went straight to Shelton from the Royal Lancers ... funny story, Fran's mother wouldn't let him join the PAL ... too rough for her little boy! ... LOL ... remember his and Kippy's band: The Eighth Day? ... used to catch them at the local clubs in the early 70's ... thanks for the memories ... who submitted the pic (since you didn't know who it was)?