just putting it back on top...

Please Read Before You Post
If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)
If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.
When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.
Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:
The *Guess Who* Mailbox
Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..
Guess Who the man in the middle is # 506 ?

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3792/11587632163_274bbeaaa7_o.jpg

I never called you a liar. I simply questioned you about it. Looking back, I think I missread / missunderstood - all I asked for was some clarification. Because the way I read it... I found it hard to believe. I never claimed to know all the history either. Wow! What's made you so touchy lately?

i don't know. i guess just the way i feel lately. well i still love ya my queen. just forget it .

• Like 1

Same to you, Ray!!

(you are probably the only one allowed to address me by that name.)

My 19 year old daughter Nancy played in 7th Regiment for 3 years and Crossmen last year (blonde synth player) is a music major up at University of North Texas. When she was little I started to read "Winnie the Pooh" to her, which she loved more than any book until Harry Potter.

Over time for some silly reason I started calling her "Nanny the Pooh" - hey she was 5 or 6!

At any rate over time "Nan" feels more comfortable than Nancy, sort of like Raymond (which I was called when my mom was mad at me) is easier than Ray.

Certainly no disrespect intended - I think of it as a friendly way of saying Nancy.

I won't call you Nanny! Promise!

I have this fuzzy recolection of a parade in DC in 1966 and of those flags (pictured) being carried by the Hurricane guard, while the Big Red Band carried our green black & white ones. The gent in the middle took our show of solidarity one step further by wearing a Hurc hat in that parade.

• Like 2

I have this fuzzy recolection of a parade in DC in 1966 and of those flags (pictured) being carried by the Hurricane guard, while the Big Red Band carried our green black & white ones. The gent in the middle took our show of solidarity one step further by wearing a Hurc hat in that parade.

It's posts like this that keep me coming back to the thread. I missed the 66 DC AL and that's a shame because that one was certainly an eye opener. And also an eye closer with drum sticks flying.

Nice work Fish.

• Like 1

It's posts like this that keep me coming back to the thread. I missed the 66 DC AL and that's a shame because that one was certainly an eye opener. And also an eye closer with drum sticks flying.

Nice work Fish.

It was a great year.....We went head to head with New York 12 times and beat them on 8 occasions, however , Big Red won the Dream & DCA. In Washington, we didn't have a trophy (2nd.place) to carry in the parade & they had to scrounge for sticks! It was a highly competitive year on the field but we had some laughs after the shows too.

Sour grapes are long gone....but our trip to DC still remains a large part of that memorable year.

Here's my clue for the middle man in this feature...................... :wink:

• Like 2

This picture has me wondering. 72 Mass.? I know 75 UMass was a big show, but was this a camp of sorts, winter show?

Would like to know more on why indoors???, learning drill???

Middle guy everyone knows, but the other two?

Where's Jack Papa and Joe Chizick when ya need em?

"Guess Who":

I know "Who" the :"Man in the Middle" is (And I bet Andy does also) and when and where the picture was taken. The shot was in DCN in the winter of that season.

My "Hint":

The corps in on the starting line (In the background) won every contest it entered that season...

Except two.....:((

Happy New Year to all.

Elphaba

• Like 1

"Guess Who":

I know "Who" the :"Man in the Middle" is (And I bet Andy does also) and when and where the picture was taken. The shot was in DCN in the winter of that season.

My "Hint":

The corps in on the starting line (In the background) won every contest it entered that season...

Except two.....:((

Happy New Year to all.

Elphaba

The shot was taken at a winter rehearsal weekend in the fieldhouse at UMass Amherst. Oh yeah, it was SuperBowl Weekend '72 and I listened to the game on radio while driving home Sunday evening.

Ray

• Like 1