So ... just where in FL are our GW posters located in FL? ... I've lost track ... the only one I'm fairly certain of is Ron Allard, who's on the East Coast in the Port St. Lucie area ... I have one daughter in Daytona and another in Pompano Beach ... anybody nearby them for when I visit? ... I've got other Sky buddies in Fort Pierce and Weston and Sebastian ...

Let me know ...

:-)

andy i'm on the west coast. ft. myers. 35 miles north of naples. on the gulf. get's very hot & humid in the summer.........but i love it.

andy i'm on the west coast. ft. myers. 35 miles north of naples. on the gulf. get's very hot & humid in the summer.........but i love it.

Don has a shed in his back yard he hasn't used in the last 4 years so I relocated there, only he doesn't know it. Even though I blast 1972 Hawthorne records late at night.

Very hot and humid there in summer as well.

Don has a shed in his back yard he hasn't used in the last 4 years so I relocated there, only he doesn't know it. Even though I blast 1972 Hawthorne records late at night.

Very hot and humid there in summer as well.

and here i thought i was dreaming about hawthorne at night.............glen are there any roaches out there? let me know and i'll have my pest control man spray for ya.........LOL

At the risk of breaking up this Snow Bird Love Fest...

can we all agree that the subject at hand is the most famous (or infamous, depending on your perspective) of all Skyliner drum majors, Walter Winkelman?

Are there any other WW stories suitable for a family forum?

Edited by ironlips
  • Like 2

No need Don, I have them trained to get the paper in the morning.

:felloff:

Hey Andy, you forget about me, I am still in Orlando

Another Lefty story; at the Mission Drums contest in Boston I believe it was 1968, Lefty got into an argument with I believe a Cabellaro who started walking away from Lefty while uttering a few nice words, Lefty took one crutch and with one toss took the guys legs right out from under him, I never saw a man jump up so fast run like the wind with Lefty and one crutch right behind him

• Like 1

At the risk of breaking up this Snow Bird Love Fest...

can we all agree that the subject at hand is the most famous (or infamous, depending on your perspective) of all Skyliner drum majors, Walter Winkleman?

Are there any other WW stories suitable for a family forum?

Hmmm most famous? You may be showing your decade their Frank. Hard to think of any DM anywhere either more famous or more infamous than Butch Anderson.

Few corps develop 2 such lightning rods (huh - sounds like that should be the Hurricanes, but I digress) and Sky had them for essentially all the golden years.

His last name is spelled Winkelman ... he and Butch had relatively the same tenures as DM for NY ... but, my nod would go to Winky as the "most" famous by a slight margin ... similar personalities ... Butch was more musical ... Winky more emotional ... you couldn't ask for a more seamless transition in 73 ...

• Like 1

His last name is spelled Winkelman ... he and Butch had relatively the same tenures as DM for NY ... but, my nod would go to Winky as the "most" famous by a slight margin ... similar personalities ... Butch was more musical ... Winky more emotional ... you couldn't ask for a more seamless transition in 73 ...

i agree. winky was more famous. just my opinion from an outsider.