And thank God for spell check!!! :tongue:

And smell check... new with Office 2015...

• Like 1

Just keeping in on top...

Please Read Before You Post
If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)
If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.
When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.
Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:
The *Guess Who* Mailbox
Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..
Guess Who # 517 ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30432143@N00/13695349103/

And whoever said 1967.... that's what my copy claims. :smile:

as i looked closer it's a tymp mallet. i'd stake my life on it. but if it's 67 then i'm wrong.

To a very great extent, all of us became who we are because of our corps experiences. Whether you drive a PATH train, lock up bad guys, teach high schoolers, move planes around or shovel coal, you do it with drum corps intensity. And we were all in the right place at the right time.

In 1980, when Cal Tjader won a Grammy, his band was on tour and he couldn't attend he presentation. As his producer (see, "right place...etc.", above) I was designated to accept for him. You have all seen this kind of drill. You walk up, a gorgeous model/actress/whatever gives you a peck on the cheek, you get a little statue, and thank people nobody has ever heard of.

That being the case, I proceeded to thank, "John Sasso, Donald Angelica and Dr. Baggs, without whose help I would not be standing here."

Theoretically, I was a stand-in for Cal Tjader, but the truth is I really represented Ray, Tony, Don, Tom, Andy, Stan, Fran, Kathleen, Nanci, Glenn and all our durm corps colleagues who, in the same circumstances, would say something quite similar.

Wow.... Well said, I am humbled and honored to be amoungst so many that have paved the road I have had the opportunity to travel down... As I have told you face to face, I am forever grateful to you and your fellow Sunrisers classmates for giving me and my Sunrisers classmates the great building blocks we had when Donna and I arrived back in 75. If it were not for all of your dedication to the activity, and our Corps, we would not have had the opportunity to succeed to the levels we were able to in my days wearing your Corps' uniforms.... :worthy:

Thanks Frank...

This award means a lot to me.

I'd like to thank all the little people without whom this wouldn't be possible...

Tony, Freddy Rowan, Jimmy Cossetti...

(cue the snare drum and hi-hat)

LOL.... Ray, You HAVE seen me recently.... "Short" sure.... "Little" not even close! LOL

Disclaimer: I don't know how to send a photo.

I have a couple of good ones, but no idea how to get them from point A to point B (where Nanci is point B).

I realize that that makes me an idiot, but remember that you are a huge big time recording guy which means you're technically savvy, whereas I ...

What is it I do?

Try to make airplanes come and go on time...

And attempt to make sure they don't collide with anything else during all of that coming and going on time...

nice uni. one of my faves.

Agreed, one I've worn BITD....

i thought it was a 70's uni.

Looks like the one I wore.... (One difference was that we needed to put the sides of the hat down because we were hitting it with the Rifles...)