Favorite Corps Logo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have to go with BK and BD :)

Though, for BK I'm thinking the cool version I've drawn up mostly...

I also dig 'Coats new logo!

The Cavaliers standing man (see my avatar) originated from Cavalier cigarettes available back in the 1950's. The colors of the cigarette pack were red, black and white. Hmm, I wonder where the Cavaliers got their name?

Speaking of colors, the first green uniforms were going to be chartruse (spelling?). The guys pick the color swatch from the fabric mill. At the time it was a brand new color. When the fabric mill saw their choice they said "You know that die is pretty new and we doubt it will hold up well in the sun and with all the washing. Why don't you use this nice reliable Kelly Green fabric?"

Hey Colt, did you ever here this story when researching your book?

The Cavaliers standing man (see my avatar) originated from Cavalier cigarettes available back in the 1950's. The colors of the cigarette pack were red, black and white. Hmm, I wonder where the Cavaliers got their name?

Speaking of colors, the first green uniforms were going to be chartruse (spelling?). The guys pick the color swatch from the fabric mill. At the time it was a brand new color. When the fabric mill saw their choice they said "You know that die is pretty new and we doubt it will hold up well in the sun and with all the washing. Why don't you use this nice reliable Kelly Green fabric?"

Hey Colt, did you ever here this story when researching your book?

http://www.wclynx.com/burntofferings/packscavalier.html

The Cavies logo is similar but still different. I have always heard the story about the logo being swiped from the cigarette pack. Check out the link to see the similarities as well as the quote within the text about the corps.

http://www.wclynx.com/burntofferings/packscavalier.html

The Cavies logo is similar but still different. I have always heard the story about the logo being swiped from the cigarette pack. Check out the link to see the similarities as well as the quote within the text about the corps.

What a great site. Thanks for posting.