Blue Devils 07

I know that the Blue Devils used Michael Torke's "The Kiss" in their show this year. I am not familiar with this piece.

Could someone more familiar with this work tell me just where in the BD show "The Kiss" is played and does anyone

know where a recording of the concert band (original) version can be found? I believe it made up a good portion of

the end of the BD show. I downloaded the studio recording of BDs show, so if you know the time mark where this begins

I would appreciate the info.

GREAT recording by the way.

The Blue Devils used original music from Wayne Downey.

I know that the Blue Devils used Michael Torke's "The Kiss" in their show this year. I am not familiar with this piece.

Could someone more familiar with this work tell me just where in the BD show "The Kiss" is played and does anyone

know where a recording of the concert band (original) version can be found? I believe it made up a good portion of

the end of the BD show. I downloaded the studio recording of BDs show, so if you know the time mark where this begins

I would appreciate the info.

GREAT recording by the way.

In the closer... after the backfield drill, turn around, into the big arc that feeds into the halftime block coming down towards the press box.

That's what I was told was "kiss" anyway. Oh wait, audio only... so, about... 10:30 to 11:13 on the studio recording. I'm not familiar with the original piece either... but now I have inspiration to put off more homework to go look into it...

Oh and thanks, it was fun to make, as have been all the recordings I've been a part of :) Frank Dorritie is the man!

Edited by DKracing

I went to the University of Wisconsin River Falls and Michael Torke was a commissioned composer of ours (http://www.uwrf.edu//music/composers.html).

Last fall I wrote him wondering if he had any new Wind Ensemble music. He sent me a MIDI Recording of The Kiss as it had not been recorded at the time ( Must have been January or February of last year) I believe it was going to be debuted at a state music conference (TMEA??) I can't remember at this time.

It is mostly at the back 1/4 of the BD show.

Hope that helps some. Check out his website www.michaeltorke.com he has a TON of cool stuff.

Here - straight from the source:

http://www.bluedevils.org/merchandise/prod...products_id=889

The Blue Devils 2007

Winged Victory

Pegasus Fantasy

Demons - Davd Glyde

Bella & Bird - Don Sebesky

Pegasus - Hank Levy

Rite of Spring - Don Sebesky

The Ascension

Angels - David Glyde

Celebrare Celeberrime - Carl Vine

Heaven

Celebrare Celeberrime - Carl Vine

The Kiss - Michael Torke

Mike

In the closer... after the backfield drill, turn around, into the big arc that feeds into the halftime block coming down towards the press box.

That's what I was told was "kiss" anyway. Oh wait, audio only... so, about... 10:30 to 11:13 on the studio recording. I'm not familiar with the original piece either... but now I have inspiration to put off more homework to go look into it...

Oh and thanks, it was fun to make, as have been all the recordings I've been a part of :) Frank Dorritie is the man!

COME ON! Like this guy knows what he's talking about... :drool: