Has your corps ever played with a band?

The Cadets play with some USSBA honor band thing during Memorial Brass every May.

Anyone have details on this one? Wondering because Cadets/Crossmen used to do a May exhibition at Gettysburg (this time at the college nearer the town and battlefield).

I remember Cavies played with a band in Texas (though it might have been members from a few bands) and played their intro at San Antonio in 05. They even wrote additional drill for the band members. It was cool.

Frontier's played with several non-corps groups, most notably the Turtle Creek Chorale.

200+ male voices, 1 huge pipe organ, and Frontier's hornline. Let's just say there was no amplification needed in the Meyerson Symphony Hall, lol

I remember Cavies played with a band in Texas (though it might have been members from a few bands) and played their intro at San Antonio in 05. They even wrote additional drill for the band members. It was cool.

I was there for that. I think this was a clinic type event and those kids who attended got to learn the music and drill and be a part of the show.

Performed "Amazing Grace" with the Marine Drum Corps at a Scottish Highland Games. Done in 4 parts...

Part 1- solo piper (traditionally the oldest piper present)

Part 2 - massed pipe bands

Part 3 - massed pipe bands, military bands, and drum corps

Part 4 - solo piper

Definitely "goose-bump" material!!! :tic:

That must have been amazing to see first hand!