Has your corps ever played with a band?

Last week my corps played an arrangement of "American the Beautiful" with the Gettysburg (yeah that Gettysburg) High School Band. Same arrangement is played at the Hanover Memorial Day ceremonies with Lancers, various local HS and town bands.

Wondering if anyone else knows of a corps that has played with a non-corps group.

Or played with another corps outside of the DCI retreats.....

Dang... maybe we're unique... :drool:

Oh yeah, this was at G-burgs Fall band concert and we also did a show. Proof that Alumni type corps and MBs can get along. :P If you don't believe me ask the drummer who played with both groups. :drool:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

The Glassmen have been known to play with the Toledo Symphony.

The Marine Drum and Bugle Corps was founded to augment the Marine Band and originally took their place in front of the band like you would see in military bands in Europe.

We played with the Diablo Wind Symphony in 05. There used to be videos on bluedevils.org, but I can't access the mediabox on this computer to provide links or anything. It was pretty fun!

It's kind of strange by today's standards, but I broke straight into Drum Corps, and never marched band in school. The Drum Corps kids and the band kids never even socialized all that much. It was like two different worlds, but that was quite awhile ago. :)

Interesting question Jim. Back in the '93 Archer Epler Musketeers D&B Corps and Chorus performed "Wellington's Victory" with the Kennett Symphony Orchestra in an evening concert at Longwood Gardens in PA.

Thanks for bringing that memory back.

J

PR played with the Kansas City Symphony before finals in 1989. It was great. When we came on stage I remember watching a viola stuffing her ears full of cotton.

Kingsmen Alumni Corps played with the (Orange County CA) Pacific Symphony on July 4, 2007...

(...your insiders coulda told you that, Jim...)

Edited by GuyW

Kingsmen Alumni Corps played with the (Orange County CA) Pacific Symphony on July 4, 2007...

(...your insiders coulda told you that, Jim...)

LMAO.... won't see them until the banquet and just thought about this a few minutes before I started the thread.... :P

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Performed "Amazing Grace" with the Marine Drum Corps at a Scottish Highland Games. Done in 4 parts...

Part 1- solo piper (traditionally the oldest piper present)

Part 2 - massed pipe bands

Part 3 - massed pipe bands, military bands, and drum corps

Part 4 - solo piper

Definitely "goose-bump" material!!! :drool:

The Kilties Senior Corps played in a parade with the Kerlin-Farina Pipe Band.

You see, the equipment truck broke down, the old drum major was the pipe major of the band, the bottom bass was the lead tip of the pipe band...

Oh, nevermind the explanation. :drool:

The hornline complained about the slower tempo of the pipes, the pipers complained about marching too fast to match the hornline, the drummers just sort of suffered silently until beer tent time. b**bs