Pioneer 2008 show announcement

Perhaps Pioneer could take a cue from SCV and go ahead and announce their shows for the next few years.

2009- Irish Vistas

2010- Gaelic Panorama

2011- Dublin Sketches

There, just insert music and you're set.

I'll email you with the address to send the consulting fee to :P

Edited by wolfgang

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer Drum and Bugle corps and Color Guard from Milwaukee Wisconsin is proud to announce it's show for 2008 entitled "Celtic Reflections".

The music of Gustav Von Holst, Percy Grainger, and Sir William Walton will be a part of the musical and visual journey that reflects on Celtic culture and its music. In keeping with the ideals of the Pioneer corps, the music will be recognizable to drum corps fans, and the reflection of past great drum corps performances should be obvious as well.

Pioneer is also pleased to announce that Grammy award winning arranger Larry Kerchner will be penning the brass charts, and new to the visual design team are Drill Designer Jeff Wroblewski, and Guard designer Seth Pearson. They are excited over the many visual concepts available in the "reflections" theme.

The percussion arranger will be named in the next few days, and drum corps enthusiasts will recognize his accomplishments.

Musical selections will include (but not be limited to) "Holst Suite in Eb intermezzo and march" segments, "Harkstow Grange" from "Lincolnshire Posy" by Percy Aldridge Grainger, "The Celtic Symphony" from the Irish Band "The Wolfe Tones", and "Richard the III" and "Crown Imperial March" from Sir William Walton.

The creative and instructional staff are in agreement that this necessary step in design quality will contribute to what has begun as a resurgence in Pioneerland, with new equipment, new design staff and many returning staff and students from last year. Also returning from last years staff are Brass Caption Head Donny Allen and Percussion Caption Head Tyler Orbison.

In keeping with the Celtic Theme, Pioneer is proud to present a musical and visual product that will entertain the audience and have the necessary accountability from the judging community. This may even be "another drum corps fans dream", with references to the 27th Lancers and Star of Indiana past shows.

We hope you enjoy this years production, "Celtic Reflections".

"BETTER EVERY DAY"

Way to go Pioneer. This Pioneer fan is really looking forward to your 2008 corps. And finally a show announcement that reads easy. Such things as "recognizable" are never used....so thanks Pioneer and best of luck in 08.....

Congratulations on being a corps that celebrates its roots, despite the fact that it almost never gets rewarded for doing so!

Why must my knee be so horrible? I really want to march on the hornline with a brand-new King but I'm positive my knee would just dissolve if I tried another summer on hornline. Oh well. See you at banquet Donny.

Why must my knee be so horrible? I really want to march on the hornline with a brand-new King but I'm positive my knee would just dissolve if I tried another summer on hornline. Oh well. See you at banquet Donny.

Are you at least going to try for the pit, man?

It'd be a shame to blow a summer.

Perhaps the grey roots were showing as they tried to compete in a world of dyed blonde.....

and oh yeah, they have had horrendous visual programs over the years.

That was unnecessary. If you would like to bash corps, please do it in another thread.

Edited by TenorGuyBW

With the timely hiring of Mr. Jeff Wroblewski, hopefully we can "stop the bleeding" this year from a visual design standpoint, and move forward in the visual design area. Jeff is a student of Mr's. Brubaker and Zingali, with drum corps history in the Cavaliers, and Star of Indiana.

In defense of last year...I really would like to thank the guys that were forced to finish a product and for sure they did the best they could. Bobby Patrick filled in the gaps admirably, but it was a tough job to do.

Donny

With the timely hiring of Mr. Jeff Wroblewski, hopefully we can "stop the bleeding" this year from a visual design standpoint, and move forward in the visual design area. Jeff is a student of Mr's. Brubaker and Zingali, with drum corps history in the Cavaliers, and Star of Indiana.

In defense of last year...I really would like to thank the guys that were forced to finish a product and for sure they did the best they could. Bobby Patrick filled in the gaps admirably, but it was a tough job to do.

Donny

Jeff wrote Bluecoats 1999 right?

I am not sure if that is true or false. He does write for a gazillion bands though.

Donny