2007 DVDs

They probably did the best they could with the footage they had. You can't make up for footage you don't have.

Oh so they aren't able to keep the footage of quarterfinals? I thought they were, guess that was just an assumption.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Receuived mine yesterday. Watched the top 12 last night.

Not impressed with the video quality - it looks like a bad VHS transfer. Grainy detail even in the close-ups, at least on a 50" screen. Which was worse when I zoomed. I compared with a some other sources, movies, old movies, the detail is just not there.

The audio quality is good, I didn't hear the hum and I had the volume cranked.

Some selective drill comments after viewing the hihg video (I was seated low on the 50 during finals week, so really coudn't see the drill):

BD - great shrill BD brass, but where's the drill????

Cadets - drill is incredible, the narration still makes me gag.

PR - Firebird closer is the highlight of 2007

SCV - great drill!

Now to watch the non-finalist disc!

I have yet to watch the DVD, but, IMO, the audio quality of the 2007 CD is about 1,000,000,000 times better than the audio quality (or lack thereof) of the 2006 CD. B)

Why does everyone think that the audio QUALITY of the 2006 recordings was bad? I agree with you on the fact that the recordings weren't loud enough, BUT the quality was superb. In my opinion, they are some of the best drum corps recordings ever. The highs, lows, and mids were all perfectly set to make a nice, crisp, clean sound.

Why does everyone think that the audio QUALITY of the 2006 recordings was bad? I agree with you on the fact that the recordings weren't loud enough, BUT the quality was superb. In my opinion, they are some of the best drum corps recordings ever. The highs, lows, and mids were all perfectly set to make a nice, crisp, clean sound.

Because people equate loudness to quality. They shouldn't, but they do. On $5 headphones, only amplitude can make up for poor equipment.

Because people equate loudness to quality. They shouldn't, but they do. On $5 headphones, only amplitude can make up for poor equipment.

...and you need to get some amp power behind them. If you're listening to them on a portable player like an iPod or Walkman or a TV with built-in speakers, it's not going to sound good. Played on a real stereo system with a powerful amp and good speakers or headphones, they sound better.

Edited by Peel Paint

But has anyone found the (better-than) rumored "easter egg?"

And if so, can you share with others how it might be found? No need to disclose content if some would rather be suprised.

But has anyone found the (better-than) rumored "easter egg?"

And if so, can you share with others how it might be found? No need to disclose content if some would rather be suprised.

Yeah, I found it. Actually found it the first time I put it in. I just put in the 3rd disc and got a surprise.

The only add-on on disc 3 is the Finale. I can't imagine this is the hidden feature as it has been on previous sets (though typically disc 4). Anyone else come across anything?

The only add-on on disc 3 is the Finale. I can't imagine this is the hidden feature as it has been on previous sets (though typically disc 4). Anyone else come across anything?

It's not listed...that is, if it really exists at all...not that I can say it does...but if it did, you would have to experiment and then it would pop up and you would be most entertained by this unexpected peek at something that goes into making the broa...[gasp, eek, let go of me, I can't breathe, okay, I won't say any more].