Hurks Cop First D.C.A. Show

Great article. So nice to see this history preserved. :)

Reserved tickets were $1.75...children $0.75...priceless.

Did anyone else notice that the Hurcs, the winning corps, had the least mention or write-up of any corps in this article?

Other than telling us they won and edged out the Rebels and Buccaneers, there is nothing at all about their show, while repertoires of others and commentary on their performances is given. Interesting! I think even the exhibition corps got more ink!

i remember that back in the day the writers had a lot of bias. it's to bad becuase the hurs did win. looks like they were lucky just to get mentioned..........sad.

Yes it was a shame the Hurcs got so little mention, Don. Maybe it was a case of an editor cutting the article to fit the space, but I doubt it. Looks like Mr. Bruce was more concerned about publicizing the March of Champions contest later that season.

However, give him credit that he did recognize that the Bucs had a very good corps that year. Three months later they won the very first DCA Championship.

I know it's a little late, but a belated Happy Thanksgiving to you, Don.

Yes it was a shame the Hurcs got so little mention, Don. Maybe it was a case of an editor cutting the article to fit the space, but I doubt it. Looks like Mr. Bruce was more concerned about publicizing the March of Champions contest later that season.

However, give him credit that he did recognize that the Bucs had a very good corps that year. Three months later they won the very first DCA Championship.

I know it's a little late, but a belated Happy Thanksgiving to you, Don.

yes john the bucs were good that year. but the hurcs did win that show . they should have been written up that way.

john i wish you & yours the best this holiday season.

Edited by donincardona

i remember that back in the day the writers had a lot of bias. it's to bad becuase the hurs did win. looks like they were lucky just to get mentioned..........sad.

it must seem strange for some to see the best corps of the 60's diss'ed like this, but donincardona is correct in saying

that there was alot of bias in the reporting back then. remember carol merkle or shirley kancyr ? there were actually songs about some writers because of their inflamatory columns ! the bias was not only directed at the hurricanes though......as i remember, everyome got their turn in the barrell ! ah , those were the days !

it must seem strange for some to see the best corps of the 60's diss'ed like this, but donincardona is correct in saying

that there was alot of bias in the reporting back then. remember carol merkle or shirley kancyr ? there were actually songs about some writers because of their inflamatory columns ! the bias was not only directed at the hurricanes though......as i remember, everyome got their turn in the barrell ! ah , those were the days !

Can you name the somgs?

I think I remember one : Charlie Welsh

Can you name the somgs?

I think I remember one : Charlie Welsh

yes yes! here comes the red machine... shes got the biggest......well you know the rest . it was indeed sung to charlie welsh !