After Watching the 2007 DCI Finals DVDs...

DVDs...  

302 members have voted

1. 1. WHO DO YOU THINK WAS THE REAL CHAMPION AFTER WATCHING THE DVDs???

• Blue Devils
    • The Cadets
    • The Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Carolina Crown
    • Bluecoats
    • Blue Knights
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Colts
    • Glassmen
    • Spirt from JSU

I have not seen the DVD but I did see it live – you can see it in the recaps and you should be able to hear it on the DVD why they did not beat Blue Devils. Don’t worry, with a little more maturity and a few more years under your belt, you’ll be able to discern the difference in quality of performances and that should over ride your own prejudices

Or not, you may always be a homer, hypercritical of the others and very forgiving of yours

that was much more condescening than it needed to be.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cadets. my opinion of the margin is no longer as big as i had expected after the summer since bd cleaned up more than i realized. funny that there's a tie in the poll right now.

That's exactly what happened to me. I don't like the word "peaked" much, but BD really did peak at exatly the right time. My pick the whole season was the Cadets to win until I saw finals. I would've given this year a tie before any of the other years that actually got ties.

I think the Blue Devils were champions, as if my memory serves they received the highest score.

:blink:

Who was BEST? That is up to each person to decide for him/her self.

Well put!

I have not seen the DVD but I did see it live – you can see it in the recaps and you should be able to hear it on the DVD why they did not beat Blue Devils. Don’t worry, with a little more maturity and a few more years under your belt, you’ll be able to discern the difference in quality of performances and that should over ride your own prejudices

Or not, you may always be a homer, hypercritical of the others and very forgiving of yours

Ok well we can all see who the imature one is here. Let me guess... You are a Blue Devil fan... Well, I am too, as well as many of the other corps. Maybe with a few years under your belt you'll realize that others might think differently than you, and maybe you will then understand the difference between an opinion and criticism. :blink:

And no, my favorite performance of the year was not The Cadets, nor Blue Devils... I just have an opinion like you do... And I know a champion when I see one. Yes Winged Victory was amazing, but IN MY OWN THOUGHTS, I believe that The Cadets should be a champion... Just like everyone else who voted for their choice.

HEY DCP... I GUESS WE FOUND SOMEONE WHO CAN DISCERN THE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY OF THE PERFORMANCES... And why does he/she know more than you do???

Hey fans. So after watching the new 2007 DVDs, who in your mind was the Champion??? In my personal thoughts, I would say that The Cadets blew the competition away! But that's just my thoughts... Share yours...

I'd vote, but I haven't purchased the DVDs. Based on the quarterfinals cinecast, BD won in my mind.

that was much more condescening than it needed to be.

No, I think it was just about right...

I thought about breaking it down but then people would say I'm ripping the Cadets but then the OP wanted more so...

So some specifics - cadets horn line was vastly over rated, on the big hits they crunched the sound and became shrill, way too much in the upper end, sounded overblown, lacked clean ensemble textures or tones. Drum had a weak book that still had dirt, bass line struggled , pit was lacking. Ensemble music had issues all around. Guard was not their usual standards and could not handle their book smoothly you could see them struggling- no one would use effortless to describe them. Marching forms were a bit sloppy in transitions and did not get clean until the set. Really a down show for them compared to the night before, uninspired and a big drop off – Cavies should have taken them in all performance Regiment in design. Sure, their show looked difficult but they did not really achieve it, they looked and sounded sloppiest of the top 3 at finals - they did not handle their show as well as the other top corps