Sad News

Fastone

I just received news that Raymond (Konga) Richardson Passed away this morning. He was someone who could light up a room and make everyone around him feel good. He is also my longest standing friendship in this activity going back to 1964 when we were both in Jr High School. That I am stunned right now does not come close to expressing how I feel.

From Herschel Vaughn via email he sent me.

This is a tough one.

As Frankie has stated, being at a loss for words to clearly express verbally what it is I feel is a difficult thing to do at this point. I found out the morning of and just sat at my office stunned. I put out some emails to the people that I had email addresses to. My Brother (Poo) at this moment still does not know, as I tried to contact him, this is going to hurt him deeply. Growing up in Brooklyn like George, Frankie, HB, Speedy, Bob Reynolds, Mark Riley, Keith Warfield and many many more we shared a special kinship that transends the Drum & Bugle Corps Activity, but the Drum & Bugle Corps Activity afforded us many wonderful memories, friendships and opportunities.

My Heart goes out to the Richardson Family, The St. Joe's Patron's, The Brassmen and his New York Skyliners Family

God Bless and keep you in this time of loss

Herschel Vaughn

Executive Director: Network: The Drum and Bugle Corps

Wow, I didn't know who exactly this was until I saw the pictures. He always seemed like such a nice and fun loving guy. RIP

Absolutely terrible news. Ray's friendship welcomed me into the fraternity of DCA drum majors back in 1993. He always had a smile for me whenever we got the opportunity to catch up. Actually he had a smile and kind words for everyone he met. I will miss him dearly.

Rest in Peace.

Ditto to everything Tom said. A very sad day indeed.

God bless, my friend.

For those who may not know him, if you've seen us then you'll certainly know this:

Ray doing his dance to Elk's Parade...............

2070199778_e7c5fac975.jpg

As we say goodbye to Konga.

I recently saw something on TV where a mother who had lost a child was asked how she learned to deal with that loss. She replied "Always Blessings, Never Losses", Today, I truly know what she meant.

Even though the pain and sorrow of death is very intense, I feel blessed to have had Ray as a friend all of these years. To have experienced his kindness, generosity of spirit and his unique sense of humor is something I will carry with me forever.

Rest in peace my brother

As we say goodbye to Konga.

I recently saw something on TV where a mother who had lost a child was asked how she learned to deal with that loss. She replied "Always Blessings, Never Losses", Today, I truly know what she meant.

Even though the pain and sorrow of death is very intense, I feel blessed to have had Ray as a friend all of these years. To have experienced his kindness, generosity of spirit and his unique sense of humor is something I will carry with me forever.

Rest in peace my brother

Hey Frank,

Frank as we spoke of last night at Konga's here is my informtion. I attempted to send you this email via your other email account, but it bounced back.

H-

Corps Web-site: http:// www.networkcorps.org

Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc.

Office Phone Direct: 1-212-636-5016

Fax: 1-212-636-5115