George Hopkins vs. Scott Stewart

Poll  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Whose views do you agree with more, and whose plans would you like to see enacted?

• George Hopkins'
    • Scott Stewart's

Truth is out! "dbco3" is a troll! Run!!!!!

Excellent use of personal attacks.

I give it a 7 out of 10 on the DCP Avoiding A Losing Argument-O-Meter ^OO^

I posted facts that show that the crime rate is consistently dropping. I don't see how that is trolling.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corps when I marched focussed on perfecting and honing their shows...tweaking this and that...watering this part, beefing up that part...etc...to lose as many tics as possible. We worked for us, primarily, as did the other corps I knew.

You marched in a different era. For today's corps, there are some parts of the score that members have virtually no control over. At the end of the day, it was far better to get an ovation from the crowd than a bump in the score. I don't recall ever being excited about the score, but I can remember being excited about the crowd.

Nope...right with World Class.

Then let's do them all together. Doesn't seem fair to send the Open Class off to some other stadium. I can go along with that, but I will never agree that the new bando classification gets priority treatment over Open Class.

Edited by Tekneek

Excellent use of personal attacks.

I give it a 7 out of 10 on the DCP Avoiding A Losing Argument-O-Meter ^OO^

I posted facts that show that the crime rate is consistently dropping. I don't see how that is trolling.

It's off topic.

You proved nothing. You gave a few statistics, big deal. All of your facts are irrelevant because there are statistics that show the opposite.

If it makes you feel better to win the argument and say you're not trolling, OK.

The argument you started is Off Topic :OT:

...and not humorous, so it's doubly trolly.

It's off topic.

You proved nothing. You gave a few statistics, big deal. All of your facts are irrelevant because there are statistics that show the opposite.

If it makes you feel better to win the argument and say you're not trolling, OK.

The argument you started is Off Topic :OT:

...and not humorous, so it's doubly trolly.

OK, go ahead and live in fear like the media seems to want. I'll look at the facts and feel like things are improving instead

Edit: The crime index was actually much higher when you were my age, and you turned out ok, so I'm not too worried

Edited by dbc03

Then let's do them all together. Doesn't seem fair to send the Open Class off to some other stadium. I can go along with that, but I will never agree that the new bando classification gets priority treatment over Open Class.

Open class finals are at the same stadium as World Class.

The band class would be made up of world organizations. Their finals should be the same night as World.

OK, go ahead and live in fear like the media seems to want. I'll look at the facts and feel like things are improving instead

Edit: The crime index was actually much higher when you were my age, and you turned out ok, so I'm not too worried

b**bs OK, I cower here in fear and you stay safely inside with your statistics.

b**bs

Edit - The crime index doesn't mean anything. It's just a meaningless statistic, like the unemployment rate,etc. it's just a self serving numbers game. It's not real world.

I know, all you know is what you read on your computer.

Must not come back....

This argument is pointless......ergo........

Edited by Martybucs

That's a good break from tradition.

The band class would be made up of world organizations. Their finals should be the same night as World.

As of right now, Open Class is specifically mentioned as including international units. They should go on that night as well. I know the bando supporters would love to put that new class ahead of the Div II/III corps and continue to push them to the margins of the activity, but I think that is wrong.

Why would your band class be limited to world organizations?

And can you guarantee even 10,000 tickets sold for your experiment? You'd better, if you're gonna put them on Saturday night.

OK, so two major problems then. First, you're wrong. I don't pay to see you tour. I don't buy APDs of your bus ride. I don't buy DVDs of your trip around the country. The product is the music, period. You can argue that bands sound better because they have oboes, but you cannot say that the choice to have them is anything but the product.

Second, every known bit of legislation has become mandatory through de facto judging. Check out the rant about Pioneer and their G horns, or all the world class corps that have amps (all).

So if you think this is all a summer camp program that fans pay for, and don't care about the sound coming at them, you are hopelessly lost with your head in your ###. Most of the people on here that want to go beyond brass at least have a reasonable argument about adding to the overall sound. You sound like you'd rather have 250-member supercorps with all sorts of woodwinds, because the fans don't matter; they're here to support your summer trip.

Ah youth...

You said exactly what I was thinking and what I wanted to say, but was too polite to say it that way! I chose to say it more politely, but I'm glad you said it the way you did hehe