Favourite Drum Corps recipes?

How about posting some of your favourite drum corps food recipes? Like those fantastic grilled cheese sandwiches that only tasted good when they came off that gas powered griddle after a show?

I'd love to hear a few! :bluedevil:

My favorite recipe in the Cadets of the 80s and 90s?

....anything that was available! We didn't eat much, I can tell you that!

Dang, we ate like royalty in Cadets compared to the mustard sandwiches I had in another corps I marched in. 3 hot meals and a snack after the show usually. I can't think of any favorite dish though.

Peace,

CuriousMe

Edited by CuriousMe

Gail Royer's Fruit cup:

Open big can of mixed fruit

Add Brandy

Eat

Alternative:

Add what is presumed to be brandy to find it has been replaced with Lysterine...mmmm :rolleyes:

Next week, Gail Royer's Spagetti recipe or why I am in recovery :rolleyes:

Edited by Tansea

Crossmen's COOKIE SALAD!

CookieSalad.jpg

OreoofficialCrossmenCookie.jpg

CookieMonster.jpg

The cooks would grab every kind of cookie packages they could find in the store, then dump them in this huge bowl. It was a favorite treat for us after a show.....great with Milk!

Edited by Malibu

Gail Royer's Fruit cup:

Open big can of mixed fruit

Add Brandy

Eat

Alternative:

Add what is presumed to be brandy to find it has been replaced with Lysterine...mmmm :tongue:

Next week, Gail Royer's Spagetti recipe or why I am in recovery :tongue:

Mike, don't forget Gails "special" Tuna sandwiches.

Twenty large cans of tuna, a couple cups of mayonaise and 1 can of beer to cut the "fishy" taste. Spread generously on "Wonder Bread".

Hey, maybe it was because of Gails spaghetti "sauce" , fruit "cocktail" and "special" tuna, that we did so well back in the 70s!

....Naaaaaahhh :tongue:

But seriously, my all time favorite came after I began driving for the Corps in the 90s. It was and always will be "Chicken Broccoli" fresh out of Miss Amanas oven. MMMMMMMmmmmmm..... :tounge2:

When we traveled in North America we had a kitchen trailer (with orange and white vertical stripes pulled by an orange van) and I always liked breakfast, the bread on the griddle with a hole in the middle for a fried egg. But I can't remember what they did with that circle piece of the bread where the egg went?

We went to Europe in 77 with 2 planes, one with people and some stuff, the other plane (with most of our groceries) was a few days late. I remember orange-cheese-in-a-jar on toast for breakfast, orange-cheese-in-a-jar with cucumber sandwiches for lunch and orange-cheese-in-a-jar with macaroni for dinner washed down with orange-powder-just-add-water drink. When the peanut butter and jam arrived, I was so happy.

Mike, don't forget Gails "special" Tuna sandwiches.

Twenty large cans of tuna, a couple cups of mayonaise and 1 can of beer to cut the "fishy" taste. Spread generously on "Wonder Bread".

Hey, maybe it was because of Gails spaghetti "sauce" , fruit "cocktail" and "special" tuna, that we did so well back in the 70s!

....Naaaaaahhh :tongue:

But seriously, my all time favorite came after I began driving for the Corps in the 90s. It was and always will be "Chicken Broccoli" fresh out of Miss Amanas oven. MMMMMMMmmmmmm..... :tounge2:

I talked to a customer of mine who teaches school in Santa Clara. She told me when Gail came around to the school he would bring the most marvelous hors d'oeuvres! She said he was a wonderful cook, and they all looked forward to his visits. Hmmmmmmmmm.

I always liked breakfast, the bread on the griddle with a hole in the middle for a fried egg. But I can't remember what they did with that circle piece of the bread where the egg went?

Well Canadian girl, the Canadian boys toasted 'em up real dark and used 'em fior hockey pucks.