Favourite Drum Corps recipes?

Well Canadian girl, the Canadian boys toasted 'em up real dark and used 'em fior hockey pucks.

Poached eggs were the best !!

Best recipe from my drum corps days ?

"Hey gang, we're going to PONDEROSA !!!!!!!!!!" :laughing::thumbup::shutup:

Edited by ODBC

• 2 weeks later...
Poached eggs were the best !!

Best recipe from my drum corps days ?

"Hey gang, we're going to PONDEROSA !!!!!!!!!!" :cool::cool::cool:

Ponderosa in the 70’s? I remember good food, salad bar, soup, steak sandwich, catered to students, reasonably priced, high turnover and could feed bus loads of people quickly.

Recipes? Wouldn’t mind more recipes for the guys my son invites home after football practice. Startup drum corps might use the information too? A friend put washed cut lettuce in a new garbage bag and spun the bag around; put the lettuce in another new bag, added a bottle of dressing, tied and spun the bag around. Put the salad into bowls, add croutons and use the bags to cleanup after the big party is over. Salad for many in minutes.

Hockey? Our drum corps guys in Ontario played hockey with other corps. We girls had a fun league, hockey with figure skates. LOL. I like my teams but follow a few players over the years. Historical? Here’s my ‘doodle’ of Joe with Nordiques.

Joe-a.jpg

One of the WORST (especially if you're an 80's brat) was riding on a bus for hours on end, then the chef hands out nature valley granola bars.

This was LONG before the advent of "chewy" granola bars.

It also seemed like LONG before the advent of something to wash these chalky, dry, "tastes like nutrition", down with. Like say, water.

Ponderosa was the hands down best treat on tour! We stopped once, and were in a hurry. There was a high school girl who stood at the end of the line asking everybody, "Mushrooms, today?" George B. went over and shook a finger at her (we were really running late) and shouted, "NO MUSHROOMS!!!!.

There's also a secret story of Patsy B. and a cowboy hat pilfered from a Ponderosa or Sizzler, but I'll let others more familiar with the story tell it.

Best recipe - more of best meal - Dan Panessa and I made blueberry pancakes and sausage for Avant Garde one morning - just to give the cook crew a break. Kids went nuts!

Next week, Gail Royer's Spagetti recipe or why I am in recovery :lol:

And don't forget to include the part about the spaghetti sauce "sandwiches" the next day on the bus. Egads :withstupid:

• 2 weeks later...

Sherry...it's not just for breakfast anymore!

Garry in Vegas