Thinking Outside the Box: Show Concepts

How about shows on the following?

Global warming

Global cooling

Political extremism (Both left and right)

Religious extremism (And who gets to say what's extreme and what's just?)

Dead reggea stars

Whatever war is current at the time

Some famous star who's in jail or prison

An OJ Simpson show, complete with the white Ford Bronco chase

Music that's been sung by Ashlee Simpson

Custer's Last Stand

The Hindenburg explosion

The Bubonic Plague

A show with sets visually designed by Martha Stewart

A show titled, "Martha and Scott Stewart: Separated at Birth"

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arapahoe High School Marching Band in Colorado did it a few years ago. Good show, but no kick-dancing Swastika forms, from what I remember!

"I ... See ... A ... line ... of ... beautiful girls ... dressed as storm troopers, each one a gem! With leather boots and whips on their hips It's risque, dare I say, S & M! ... I see German soldiers dancing through France. Played by chorus boys in very tight pants. And wait, there's more - they win the war! And the dances they do will be daring and new: Turn-turn-kick-turn, turn-turn-kick-turn. One-two-three-kick-turn! Keep it sassy, keep it classy, keep it..."

This show's got Michael Cesario written all over it ...

He said, "You are 10 year ahead of your time". I said, "Time for me to adjust to the time and be a just a little ahead". She said, "I think you think outside of the box." I said, "I have been called warped.". She said, "Yes, but, I'm starting to understand you, so you aren't warped, just keep thinking outside the box". I'll just take this as a compliment. Many artistic people are shy, cannot explain what they feel, until they show it, somehow, with sound, graphs, photos, dance, audio, drum corps, anything to show how they feel.

Saw Hair, Chorus Line, Fiddler on the Roof and many more musicals, Swan Lake (with Karen Kain) and more ballets, Boris Gudunov opera and of course, La Boheme and more, Maynard Ferguson, was a friend of Moe Koffman, lots of blues and folk and lots of cartoons. So much to choose from or be original. :)

Edited by lindap

My votes go to "The Aristocrats" show and "The Hindenburg Explosion".

I almost peed when I read "The Aristocrats"!

lol, "The Aristocrats"

It would be funny if they were able to get clearance to use ALL of Saget's version.

Everyone would be like: "Oh My God, What Happened To Mr Tanner?"

lol, "The Aristocrats"

It would be funny if they were able to get clearance to use ALL of Saget's version.

Everyone would be like: "Oh My God, What Happened To Mr Tanner?"

haha, his hbo special was amazing.

According to corpsreps a few corps have played a tune or two from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Anyone know if a unit has done a whole show with it. That would be worth being tied down and beaten with a wet noodle. Yeah, I know it's tacky, but... LOL