Marching Web Game

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.micromarching.com/show.php?sid=...ayer&pid=90

Spent the weekend doing that one. I'm starting to figure out the program a little more.

When judging shows are people taking into account whether or not the show is realistic enough to be done by a drum corps/marching band?

Some of the shows people are doing could never be done unless corps start taking steroids.....or using jet packs.

Edited by LincolnV

When judging shows are people taking into account whether or not the show is realistic enough to be able to be done by a drum corps?

Some of the shows people are doing could never be done unless corps start taking steroids.....or using jet packs.

I do. well if the move looks insanely large i don't take that into account since in real life it could be a 16 count or larger move...but pass throughs...collisions...you bet I watch for that.

also i look for drill that doesn't go 'back and forth' the entire time.

also i look for drill that doesn't go 'back and forth' the entire time.

I've seen a few like that. All we need is an ambulance to go out on the field to pick up the wounded.

Also, some formations are so tight that visually they become "mud."

However, there is some talent out there. Some of the shows are like WOW!

Edited by LincolnV

When judging shows are people taking into account whether or not the show is realistic enough to be done by a drum corps/marching band?

I actually set up a rule for myself that says "if it's not possible, the highest they can get is X." So basically the first X points are just about possible for me. Now, possible isn't about step size because this program doesn't let you change time, so I agree with whoever said step size is hard to judge. Mostly I mean the pass through thing....the times where a block shrinks all the way down to one person, then I think "ok, not possible." Also the passthroughs that would end up in collisions no matter how well they were marched.

But I appreciate the creativity in a lot of them, possible or not. I'd like to see a few more people on there get published aside from the current drill writers using it.