DCI 2008 schedule posted!

I realize I'm making a point that's already been made, but there were more people in the stands in Spokane, WA than Div II/III FINALS this summer. Now it's gone?

Even if the show was packed it was still not a big enough money maker to keep it around. Spokane WA is pretty far from anything and drum corps would have to spend a lot of money in gas going way out of their way to make it to that show. It would probably cost most corps more money than it would be worth to make it to that show, not to mention it would be a lot of extra time on the road when they could be sleeping or rehearsing.

If there are little to no corps that want to make that kind of sacrifice than you have no reason to have a show.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF? Only one oklahoma show this year, dang, looks like i will be making a trip to SA Regional This year, Or The Wichita Falls Show Don't know yet, man I wish someone around here could get a big one going at a collage or something

And no Phantom Dang

Edited by ohwiseone

I REALLY like that the 2008 Van Buren, AR show is becoming a World Class show. They used to be an Open Class show... but they had a huge attendance and great fan base, I hope the show goes well so that more World Class corps are encouraged to head down to Arkansas. (I know there's a Siloam Springs show, but VB has louder fans for performing Corps)

Phantom coming out west again. SWEET!! This will make it their 5th trip to CA since 2003 (2006 being the only year not to come out west). Hmmm... this hasn't seemed to hurt them too much so who's next to at least try a bi-yearly trip? :inlove:

Even if the show was packed it was still not a big enough money maker to keep it around. Spokane WA is pretty far from anything and drum corps would have to spend a lot of money in gas going way out of their way to make it to that show. It would probably cost most corps more money than it would be worth to make it to that show, not to mention it would be a lot of extra time on the road when they could be sleeping or rehearsing.

If there are little to no corps that want to make that kind of sacrifice than you have no reason to have a show.

Dude, they'll probably drive right though here for the Idaho show, and if not, they'll be on one of the highways just south of us. What's up with people not knowing what they're talking about and advertising it so readily?

It's official. Georgia is officially the best place to be in the summer as a drum corps fan. Thank you, Dad.

:inlove:

3 in Georgia (Milton, GA Dome, and "southern GA")

3 in Tennessee (Jackson, Murfreesboro and Sevierville)

1 in Alabama (Jacksonville)

1 in South Carolina (Columbia)

1 in North Carolina (Charlotte)

9 shows with 300 miles. YAY

Dude, they'll probably drive right though here for the Idaho show, and if not, they'll be on one of the highways just south of us. What's up with people not knowing what they're talking about and advertising it so readily?

Cascades are only doing 20 shows and are missing DCI West, and OC has a 17 day gap in their tour schedule... Thunder doesn't have a show until July 17. I don't like the precedent this sets for the NW if this is the foundation of a tour that could stay relatively the same for years.

Me neither. I can understand gas issues, though. I really can. But given how close it is from the route to ID they'll probably take from Portland (or Seattle for that matter), I don't buy that as a rationale for skipping WA altogether. I'm no fan of Spokane, and I really can't wait to get out of here, but I also don't like it when people who don't know what they're talking about chime in.

BTW, for only being a few years old, Spokane Thunder is a fine corps. They're good young kids, and I was hoping to get to see them perform somewhere this year, but I guess that won't happen. Very sad.

What?

I used to be on admin for drum corps and I know how they think and I can tell you if it was worthwhile to have a show in Spokane, WA than there would be a show in Spokane, WA. It isn't so there is not.....

Doesn't take rocket science to figure out that.

Here are the corps that were there last year at that show:

Jersey Surf

Blue Devils B

Vanguard Cadets

Fever

Oregon Crusaders

Citations

Spokane Thunder

Not a single Div I corps, much less a Div I headliner (BD, PR, SCV, Cavies, etc) were there last year. It is hardly a surprise that DCI decided to can this show.

like I said earlier:

If it was worthwhile to have a show in Spokane, WA than there would be a show in Spokane, WA.

It isn't. So there is not

.....how is that for not knowing?