DCI 2008 schedule posted!

College Football schedules are built and perhaps some teams might play a 'weaker schedule' at the beginning therefore boosting there confidence and the way they perform.

Do you think this could relate to a drum corps schedule? If Corps A has the first few shows with the previous 1,3,4,12,18,11 corps' and Corps B has shows with 13,24,9,10,20,2 does it matter who is at those shows?

OR

Is it like pre-season rankings? Corps are given a preconceived idea about how their season should be therefore they finish that much higher than another corps. In the end the judges simply become the 'voters' each week and how you perform is how well you are 'ranked'.

Just something I thought about.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BDB is not broke, but they don't have very much money either.

A lot of those corps corps that have bizarre schedules schedules because they want to hit major shows, but don't want to be gone for long stretches of time because every day on the road costs money. The corps that come back and chill out for a week or more let the members go home and sleep in their beds and eat on their own.

It is hard to appeal to potential members when you don't get out there and tour and see new parts of the country. Kids don't want to just do local shows because it is just like being in band all over again.... but at the same time it has to be affordable. So, we see these kind of wacky tours.

In addition, many of those west coast corps start later (because school starts later and ends later... especially in WA state) and they need the time off to rehearse and clean up and in some cases finish learning their show.

Ahh... sounds like a beautiful dream.

10 bucks says we'll spend at least 12 of our 15 days off between Boise and Dubuque in a second set of all days in some god-forsaken Oregon backwater. It's like last year all over again except with 2 shows stuck in the middle to break the monotony. Whoooo!

aside from the obvious happiness about orlando, im really glad im going to new york again this summer. its been a while.

also really excited about going to madison one last time.

a big feeling of disappointment came over me when i first searched for a show in florida by zip code(i tried 32114 for daytona beach). the results showed the nearest show to be in atlanta, ga. however, happiness took over when i tried searching by dates and saw the orlando show on july 12th. just a heads up for people searching by zip/location, the database has flaws.

sun devils forming and dci returning to orlando... its almost bliss :)

mikey

:inlove:

Oh well. It's not like I actually WANTED to perform in front of my friends and family during my age out year. :inlove:

Dude.... and you say I dont know what i am talking about?

It's pretty self-evident, actually. You didn't know what you were talking about with your vaporous little commentary about last year's WA shows either. I know this becaue I talked to DCI about it. It was a good conversation with facts and stuff. I'll be having a similar one tomorrow with them if I can make it home from work on time.

BDB's schedule is bizarre, PurpleKnights. Strange stuff. I'm really wondering if there might be some events added--if not in Washington, then maybe somewhere else. I'm so jealous of you people talking about having multiple shows within a few hours of you.

Yeah, you burned me so bad it singed my nosehairs. :inlove:

Thanks for proving my point about being juvenile

well done!