Cadets '08 Mockup

WHY don't you just join the corps?

You don't have to be a virtuoso or anything like that. Any musician can pick up baritone quickly enough to march in any World Class corps.

Mr. Saunders, you couldn't pay me to march in the Cadets.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY don't you just join the corps?

You don't have to be a virtuoso or anything like that. Any musician can pick up baritone quickly enough to march in any World Class corps.

Ha ha...this assumption is the reason why there are a MILLION baritone/euphonium players auditioning at the early camps. I wont discourage anyone...but there are some veteran players that dont make the cut for World Class corps (in any section).

Go to the audition though...the experience is always awesome...and your work ethic might (WILL) impress the staff.

That's going to be AMAZING...American Elegy is such a beautiful piece.

Hroth, that's too bad that it'd be beneath your dignity to march such a fine organization. When you do decide to march, I hope you stop caring about all these petty little things like show design; I wish a lot more people would, actually. :D

Hroth, that's too bad that it'd be beneath your dignity to march such a fine organization. When you do decide to march, I hope you stop caring about all these petty little things like show design; I wish a lot more people would, actually. :D

Thoughts like these are responsible for why so many fans are dissatisfied with the state of the activity today.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Mr. Saunders, you couldn't pay me to march in the Cadets.

Wow. :cool:

Do you think every kid who marches there is on board with amps, etc.?

No.

"Couldn't pay me to march there" is a far cry from "they are my favorite corps".

You could only be so lucky.

Not every corps is for everybody. There are all kinds of great corps I wouldn't march in. Doesn't mean I think I'm better then them, or that I look down on the folks that do and have marched there, just I don't care for their style. I'm usually not a Hroth defender, but I'm with him on this one. Although, if the price was right, I could march just about anywhere. I can only think of one place I would never march, no matter how much money was offered.