Help Phantom!

Naw, I would rather see it discussed here. We have no problem trashing other corps for umpteen pages on end without any mention of need to "take it to a pm". Why should this be taken to a pm?

Yep. free speech = messy

PR is a 501 3© and their financials by law are public record. If you are going to ask the public for $50K after getting in excess of $300K "forgiven" (written off) then its probably expected that their financial practices are going to be a lively topic for discussion.

This is the 3rd major corps to have financial issues in the past few years, not to mention the ones who have quietly gone away, probably forever.

Sorry PR fans, "take it to PM" aint the way it works. This is of interest to the whole community.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never argued whether this should be an open topic or sent to a bunch of PMs.

But, I have received a bunch of PMs over the past two days. Current and former Board members, directors, members, etc.

Again, I will reiterate this...someone brought a link to a story and posted it on DCP.

The Regiment has not asked the members of DCP to give one dime to the organization. The article was directed at the Greater Rockford Area and the readership of their only daily newspaper. The man who wrote the article is a huge Regiment fan over the past 35+ years.

At least one Board Member has offered to answer ANY questions regarding how the debt was incurred, how the loan was managed and what the $52K means to the future of the drum corps.

But it seems like one person has an axe to grind. It's frequently this way on DCP. I've been guilty of it myself. Now I feel lousy about the past myself.

###### past. From the bowels of my being I spit at thee.

Any news on Regiment's progress so far?

Yeah I'd like to see updates if possable. Because lets face it, even if your not a fan of PR, or your not in favor of donating, or if you have issues with why the money needs to be donated. I don't think anyone wants to see PR go under. Thats bad for everyone, and whole we'll probibly never get a straight anseer of what the real deal is, or who's to blame, blah blah blah, but the people who are definatly not to blame are the fans and the members

Not that I believe they did, but I'm sure that Phantom Regiment is the only corps to ever "break out the check book in search of a title"... :rolleyes: Before you go around using Phantom Regiment and "frivolous spending" in the same sentence, why don't you check out the 990 tax forms of other World Class corps.. For example: regardless of operating in the red or black, in 2006, you'll find that a lot of the corps that placed lower than Phantom Regiment actually spent more money than them. As nonprofit organizations these forms are accessible to the public. If you'd like to look at them, pm me for the website. I'd just ask that you actually look at the numbers next time before you get irrate and swear off your donation to an organization such as this.

Not that I believe they did, but I'm sure that Phantom Regiment is the only corps to ever "break out the check book in search of a title"... :rolleyes: Before you go around using Phantom Regiment and "frivolous spending" in the same sentence, why don't you check out the 990 tax forms of other World Class corps.. For example: regardless of operating in the red or black, in 2006, you'll find that a lot of the corps that placed lower than Phantom Regiment actually spent more money than them. As nonprofit organizations these forms are accessible to the public. If you'd like to look at them, pm me for the website. I'd just ask that you actually look at the numbers next time before you get irrate and swear off your donation to an organization such as this.

I have not seen one person "swear off their donation" simply because it is Phantom. I have seen some people say they would rather donate to corps who need it more, or have not been as "frivilous" with their spending. Noone here has said that Phantom has been the most frivilous or anything of the sort. An organization asking for money in this way invites questions of how they have spent their money. No reason to get so worked up about it and use your rock emoticon.