Raiders announce 2008 show

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

Can we go with a "Big G" for the "Big Guy?"

lol i apologize...i normally do that..but word processors have lowered my english standards to the point where i never capitalize anything...

*ahem* Thank God :thumbup:

:smile:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Raiders Drum & Bugle Corps are proud to present...

DEEP BLUE

Movement 1: Majesty ("Coming Home from the Sea" from A Perfect Storm)

Movement 2: Underwater (TBA)

Movement 3: Storm (TBA)

Movement 4: Finale (an original composition by Michael Hamilton and Colin Bell)

coming to a field near you Summer 2008

Sounds like a good choice for Raiders in '08. :thumbup: Movements and musical selections mentioned so far are all interesting. I have heard an excellent string orchestra rendition of the "O Magnum Mysterium" choral piece.

I shall be looking forward to seeing Raiders next summer!

I think no matter what, this is going to be a fantastic show. The selections thus far are incredibly deep and inspiring, and I know that with Colin Bell at the helm the finale is going to be unlike anything seen before. The direction of the corps is definitely headed in a new, fresh direction, and the possibilities that this production can open up will make for a great race to finals in '08.

From Coast to Coast, to the West Side, and now out to sea...

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

Just to clear up an argument I had through PMs about one of my posts in this thread, the old shows weren't bad at all, just not original. There's no denying that Jesus Christ Superstar deserved the gold medal, and West Side Story will always have a special place in my heart as my rookie show. All I meant was that, in my personal opinion, theme shows are better than shows based on movies and musicals. I love the Raiders more than anything in the world, and would never think less of them or any other corps over something as nominal as show choices.

Edited by Myusik4Jakassez

It sounds like it's going to be a tough show to pull off, and since I know the writers, I KNOW it'll be tough, but the corps will git-er-dun. C-mon, it's tha RAIDERS! :withstupid:

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by Slides of Mass Destruction

The Underwater selection is possibly going to be O Magnum Mysterium (a choral piece by Morten Lauridsen arranged for corps). They said they weren't locked on it yet though.

The band I teach used this as our ballad this season. It's definitely a strong piece of music if played well enough.

agreed. O Magnum is great.

~>conner

agreed. O Magnum is great.

~>conner

yes..the first time i heard that was my senior year of high school ( i sung it at all state chorus) ..brought chills to me then, still does now.

Good deal, I definitely wanted to see a new direction from you guys. Not a knock on design staff, but I missed the Raiders circa 2000-2004. Some really challenging, and unique shows in those years.

Thanks, I marched 2002-04, those were three great years.