195 members have voted

1. 1. Regions of US

• Midwest
    • South
    • West
    • Northeast

the WV/Virginia/Maryland/Penn region

YES!!!!

Are you from the Panhandle? There is NOTHING over here. It takes me 2 hours usually just to see a show. It's sad. A previous Crossmen member, Bruce Douglas, wanted to start a corps up here apparently years ago, but it never happend. Its a shame, there are alot of talented kids around here, too.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!!!

Are you from the Panhandle? There is NOTHING over here. It takes me 2 hours usually just to see a show. It's sad. A previous Crossmen member, Bruce Douglas, wanted to start a corps up here apparently years ago, but it never happend. Its a shame, there are alot of talented kids around here, too.

Naa I live in Huntington I was going to try to get over to lexington or columbus to audition for southwind/cap reg but we all know how that worked out :tongue:

Mississippi

Hawaii!

Talk about a regional tour! :tongue:

I think Ohio could use another corps or two... maybe california too... :tongue:

the WV/Virginia/Maryland/Penn region

Agree.

Does the original poster know that EAST is now a geographic location? :tongue:

(fyi, I always post with a smile on my face. :))

Edited by wvu80

I'd say something in Michigan, or Indiana. Missouri too.

Isn't Legends applying for competitive status this year in Open class?

There you go...you have your Michigan corps :)

Edited by ItsOnTheField

From what I hear/know, things are heating up in Las Vegas. Visit http://lasvegasmarchingarts.com/

Apparently, Nevada has never hosted a drum corps show, or fielded a corps before, and the way things are structured politically, and just the general atmosphere of non-believers makes this an uphill battle for the folks getting this going. So, if you believe in spreading the mission of drum corps, and can offer your assistance/advice/encouragement, check in with Randy Warner et al. They're trying to do it right, and they're trying to do it smart, so hopefully once they're out there on the field, they'll stay out there.

That's something we could use a lot more of. :tongue:

The Madison Scouts had a rehearsal day and then did an evening exhibition in Elko, NV in 2002..........not exactly a DCI 'show' but some DCI exposure.

I'd like to see corps spring up in areas that had corps before but do not have them now - How about North Star or the 27th Lancers again in Boston? Why not the Bayonne Bridgemen? Something big in Florida again, why not Suncoast? Something out of New Orleans.......there used to be several there......how about getting the Sky Ryders off the ground again in Kansas? A world class corps out of Southern California again would be good. Too many to mention.

For the number of marching prospects who live in the New England/Upstate New York area the number of junior corps is pretty small. (We aren't counting Jersey/Penn) That area really needs a great World Class corps (not counting Crusaders). The right people need to get in there at the right time and recruit the right way and then that region will be all set. There are still a few options though...

The region that needs a corps the most though is the Midwest: the Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma region. Yes, I know that is a HUGE region but it needs at least something in one of those states. If any of you have read the National Geographic magazine this month though, I am sure you would see why it would be rough starting a corps in some place specifically like North Dakota. Take a peak. You will understand what I mean.